Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Elk unit 41 or 38

Powerman777

Just curious what are people's opinions on these two units for gun season? I am not looking for spots to go, just looking for information and opinions on hunting in these two units. I am not afraid to load up the pack and go after the animals. I have been hunting mulies in region H for the past few years and decided it was time to try for an elk. Any info would be great. Wyoming 38 or 41.

Thanks,
Tony

Last edited:
Rule of thumb.
When you start tossing around elk units, you might want to mention the state.

read the original post

The original poster said WYOMING 38 or 41. I think that is clear enough. Just saying

I hunted next to 38 in WY this year. I could glass into 38 from some of the ridges I climbed. Looks like great elk country. Was hardly any pressure up high in 38. Not sure why. Were plenty of elk tracks in the snow, headed down the slopes into 38. I might look into it for a future hunt, depending upon how many points it takes.

I hunted next to 38 in WY this year. I could glass into 38 from some of the ridges I climbed. Looks like great elk country. Was hardly any pressure up high in 38. Not sure why. Were plenty of elk tracks in the snow, headed down the slopes into 38. I might look into it for a future hunt, depending upon how many points it takes.

Did you have luck where you were? I am glad that you said there is hardly any pressure up high, I heard that there is usually alot of pressure. I am trying to figure out where to hunt elk where I will have an opportunity to kill a decent bull. I am not out for the monster unless I stumble across one. :) I just to go smoewhere where I will have a great hunt and an opportunity for a bull. Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back