Elk Pictures w/ Score

Just gonna share 3 pictures, one with no pants, and not give any clarification?
He called it quits in a stock pond so the photo with no pants was after I went for a swim. I figured I better get some "safe for work" photos so after I got the mud and muck off the pants went back on for a other photo shoot 😅

He called it quits in a stock pond so the photo with no pants was after I went for a swim. I figured I better get some "safe for work" photos so after I got the mud and muck off the pants went back on for a other photo shoot 😅
A deduction is a deduction ruling stands

I've scored exactly two bulls (both green scored), neither of which were my biggest, but like every bull, were super meaningful. B&C talk is just a way to communicate with other hunters, and has nothing to do with beauty or the quality of a hunt. I'll take a low scoring, but meaningful bull, over sheer "numbers" all day.

@Greenhorn scored this one in 2012 @ 328" - it's a 10.5 -11.5 yo bull, on the downturn. His teeth were worn flat.

I think these 2 pictures help a little sorting out why some bulls seem larger than others.

My son's elk from this year. I already posted this picture in this thread but here it is again. My son is 6'2".

IMG_8618.jpeg

Same elk, just took this picture this afternoon at the taxidermist. I somewhat colored out the taxidermist face. Not sure exactly how tall he is, maybe 5’7”?

IMG_0991.jpeg
To me in the first picture, it looks like a nice elk, in the second picture he looks huge. All in the perspective of the camera angle and the size of the person in the photo.

The elk is 372" gross in both pictures. ;)

I get a kick out of how many people say they pass 330 bulls out hunting.
I had a boss once tell me he passed on a 340 type bull in an area where the average bull is probably less than 300. He said it “wasn’t what he was looking for”. He also told me he would take me to where he knew where a couple 400 inch bulls were in an unit that’s never produced one over 380

I had a boss once tell me he passed on a 340 type bull in an area where the average bull is probably less than 300. He said it “wasn’t what he was looking for”. He also told me he would take me to where he knew where a couple 400 inch bulls were in an unit that’s never produced one over 380
You too huh?

I've got a couple buddies that have never ever killed a cow before let alone a bull and religiously pass 320-340 class bulls on a daily basis in the Breaks. This year though they're going some where else though cause it just isn't what it "used" to be. I said well maybe that's all it's gonna take. Keep on spot hopin. I'm still yet to see a picture of a live elk from either guy.

#nothinunda3fidy

Did it twice on an LE tag. Well, you know what hindsight is. mtmuley
Yeah, but I can understand situations like that. LE tags don't come around every year. I did it with my rifle tag and it was one of the hardest things ever to do especially after 20 plus days already.

Yeah, but I can understand situations like that. LE tags don't come around every year. I did it with my rifle tag and it was one of the hardest things ever to do especially after 20 plus days already.
Two rifle tags in the Breaks. Your buddies are funny. 350 bull behind every tree out there. mtmuley

Back