DIY silnylon

Gellar

Has anyone bought silnylon and used it to make their own tarp or tent?

I looked at doing it but Borah gear made the time and cost seem like a waist. Lots of UL blogs on the topic

I’ve made a few tarps out of silnylon. They turned out pretty decent considering my lack of sewing experience.

2 man hot tent made with sil-poly. 4 pounds with everything but stove.
What’s the diameter at the base and the heighth? It looks like you put tie outs up a bit to straighten the walls out?

What did you use for a stove Jack or did you buy a premade one?

Its not a teepee and was built with walls because because teepees waste so much space. Hard to see in photo, but it is basically a 7 foot by 5 foot sleeping area with a triangular area for the stove added to the sleeping area. Height at peak is 7 foot so I can stand up and put my clothes on. I purchased the stove jack material from same place as the fabric and custom made it.

Attachments

• a.jpeg
    a.jpeg
    664.2 KB · Views: 32
  • b.jpeg
    b.jpeg
    695.8 KB · Views: 32
Its not a teepee and was built with walls because because teepees waste so much space. Hard to see in photo, but it is basically a 7 foot by 5 foot sleeping area with a triangular area for the stove added to the sleeping area. Height at peak is 7 foot so I can stand up and put my clothes on. I purchased the stove jack material from same place as the fabric and custom made it.
Nice looking set up

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back