DIY Kodiak BB Hunt

Right on, that is my dream, and it looks like gorgeous weather too! What a thrill. Now I gotta read your story. CONGRATS!

Cool story, and a good hunt! How tough is it for you to pull this tag?

Cool story, and a good hunt! How tough is it for you to pull this tag?

I'm pretty sure it's one of the easiest resident tags to draw. About 15% odds. Most of the more well known areas are at 3-5%.

In the future, I'll be putting in for areas in the S and SW side of Kodiak, with much lower draw odds. Much more expensive to hunt though. This area is only 15 air minutes from Kodiak on a Beaver.

Last edited:
Congrats Calvin! Sounds like an awesome experience with many more to come. Good luck with your next tag.

Congrats on the bear, you should be proud. If you shoot the biggest one out there what are you going to hunt for the next time out? Thanks for sharing the story with us.

how long does it take to become a resident in AK??

It might be better for you to make sure one of your boys marries and moves up there. That way you will get all of the benefits without all the dark;) I love visiting my brother and hunting up there but I couldn't handle the Fairbanks winters or the darkness.

how long does it take to become a resident in AK??

1 year is what it takes to become a resident.

I was looking at some mountain goats up on the peaks of Kodiak today, as I have till tuesday to be a tourist. Damn I love hiking on this rock compared to my home island of Prince of Wales. So much easier. I think I'll have to start putting in for goat tags on this island.

Looks like a really fun hunt...
Looking at the hide and melon on that guy compared to a blackie is like night and day.
Congrats

Sure looks to me like its got great hair...no rubbing on that one.

Congrats and thanks for sharing the photos.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back