Dead woofs

Gus Chiggins said:
To state the obvious: some hunters love wolves, some hunters accept wolves, and other hunters fear wolves.

Fixed it.

Hardly but thanks for the goofy edit to my comment.

Fear doesn’t have anything to do with it.

Ive been summer hiking, and elk and deer hunting, in wolf country for almost 20 years (when they started to become a factor). Plenty of wolves howling nearby during elk season, pushing elk out of my unit.

During that time ive seen a precipitous drop off in elk and deer hunting opportunities.

So not liking unmanaged wolves has nothing to do with “fear”.

But if that’s the only way you can figure out how to argue why we need wolves everywhere, and make fun of hunters affected by unmanaged wolves, cool go for it.

Hardly but thanks for the goofy edit to my comment.

Fear doesn’t have anything to do with it.

Ive been summer hiking, and elk and deer hunting, in wolf country for almost 20 years (when they started to become a factor). Plenty of wolves howling nearby during elk season, pushing elk out of my unit.

During that time ive seen a precipitous drop off in elk and deer hunting opportunities.

So not liking unmanaged wolves has nothing to do with “fear”.

But if that’s the only way you can figure out how to argue why we need wolves everywhere, and make fun of hunters affected by unmanaged wolves, cool go for it.
I managed this one.

PA250044.jpeg

Wolves are absolutely amazing animals that deserve to revered by any outdoorsman or animal "lover". Poaching them is garbage just like the poaching of any other animal. I just wish they could be managed normally like every other big game animal without so much litigation and bullshit!

Congrats on being somewhere you can legally shoot one wolf. I understand that some guys who are able to legally do that, or who don’t have livestock, want wolves around.
Here in Montana we can kill multiple wolves. I can't think of one hunter I know that wants them around. They are here and we have to deal with it. mtmuley

Here in Montana we can kill multiple wolves. I can't think of one hunter I know that wants them around. They are here and we have to deal with it. mtmuley

It's good some states allow hunters to legally harvest wolves. But having the tools to deal with them, and wanting more wolves around, isn't the same thing.

I took exception to jones gratuitously editing my comment, to say some hunters don't want wolves only because of "fear". Not a good argument, because oversimplifies a very complex issue (which includes Oregon's political make-up).

Wolves are absolutely amazing animals that deserve to revered by any outdoorsman or animal "lover". Poaching them is garbage just like the poaching of any other animal. I just wish they could be managed normally like every other big game animal without so much litigation and bullshit!

💯 %

I agree about the poaching aspect. No way I will ever "revere" them. mtmuley

It's good some states allow hunters to legally harvest wolves. But having the tools to deal with them, and wanting more wolves around, isn't the same thing.

I took exception to jones gratuitously editing my comment, to say some hunters don't want wolves only because of "fear". Not a good argument, because oversimplifies a very complex issue (which includes Oregon's political make-up).
Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

I have been involved with the wolf issue in Montana since the beginning
and ya it’s fear. Fear from both sides.

One side fears hunters will kill too many including pregnant females and pups.

The other side fears that wolves will kill pets, kids and wipe out game and livestock.

It’s fear when it comes to wolves.
Just like this crap.

I don’t love and I don’t hate them but like muley said, there here and we have to deal with them.

Last edited:
Back