Day 2 in Kentucky......

FLIPPER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday 10th...

It rained and stormed most of the night Saturday. Remember the stuck photos?

Well when we returned to Darren's property Sunday morning...I made hime park at the entrance again ....it was very...very muddy and even with a 4x4 it was rough. We get back to the parking spot and head out...Darren and Nut go to the left again and Meathead, TurkeyEye and myself go to the right.

I went to the edge of Darren's property and after 20 minutes or so I decided to go back to the spot I hunted Saturday morning...[good decision on my part]....I leaned up against the tree and in a very shot period of time I heard a deer coming. I looked behind me and here came another doe...same trail as the day before...she came by at about 10-12 feet....and I let her go by me hoping a buck might be chasing her...she went out of sight and no buck. In just a few seconds she came back and stopped at about 20 yards quartering to me...I raised the 400 yard 300WSM and fired.

Imediately her entire stomach was hanging out of her and she ran behing me down the hill about 100 yards. The only thing left in her was her lungs....everything else fell out on the ground as she was running.

I got on the radio and told Meathead to come and help....he called Darren and he and Vipe rode the Mule back there. We let TurkeyEye do the tracking....since he had never did it.

Meathead finished gutting the doe and he and Darren drug it back up the ridge to the Mule and loaded it up.

And I still have not touched that deer....TurkeyEye held her for me for the photo

sew0060.jpg

sew0067.jpg

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back