Dairy Queen and Randy’s unannounced visit to STL

CodyCass

Well to say I’m disapppointed would be an understatement. It seems Randy was in St. Louis this weekend but didn’t bother to tell anyone. Would have been nice to meet him and I would have gladly bought his meal.

Drama at a STL DQ

Haha, was the Blizzard machine and 5 gallons of soft serve missing too?

Definitely not Randy unless the soft serve and dipping chocolate were missing.

Definitely not Randy unless the soft serve and dipping chocolate were missing.
The other clues would be that the cash would still be there intact ... along with a DQ coupon, a cap, decals, and some free Fresh Tracks DVDs. ... Plus an apology and explanation for entering after hours.

Last edited:
Hey now, no need for forced entry when DQ loves you. I have a stack of DQ cards a llama couldn't carry, thanks to the great folks at DQ.

The pinnacle of whatever may come of these platforms is when DQ follows you on Instagram and sends you enough DQ cards to make a good down payment on your own DQ franchise. Whatever I might accomplish in this life, it's all downhill from here, now that DQ has officially started following me on Instagram.

DQ IG.jpg

The big kahuna of hunting/soft serve crossover personalities!!

Congratulations and a tip of my blizzard to you.

Hey now, no need for forced entry when DQ loves you. I have a stack of DQ cards a llama couldn't carry, thanks to the great folks at DQ.

The pinnacle of whatever may come of these platforms is when DQ follows you on Instagram and sends you enough DQ cards to make a good down payment on your own DQ franchise. Whatever I might accomplish in this life, it's all downhill from here, now that DQ has officially started following me on Instagram.

View attachment 82735

I have achieved a lot of things in life. Shook hands with Senators and a President (snipers in his detail up on rooftops pointing my way as shook hands on the tarmac made me nervous then a bit later he rolled down the window and waved as called out my name...not making this up), been in meetings with Billionaires and got to drive a "one of only 2 of these cars in the world" briefly then discovered the windshield wipers did not work...fuse blown apparently and that is not something you can pick up at NAPA, worked out with rock stars playing out our arena and tackled a nut trying to steal a guitar right after a sound check, played Trivial Pursuit with a well-known singer that showed up at a friend of a friend in Hollywood, etc. Now, I did not significantly impact any of those people. Not one iota. I am more like, well, Forest Gump. Seriously.

The thing is, the DQ actions have me green with envy. Somewhere in corridors of DQ HQ, there is a marketing person who maintains a spreadsheet of people DQ is not to piss off. You are on that list. And, they send you things. Things that you can use to get tasty treats. For free. This is very cool. As are the treats. The inner kid in me is questioning my choices in the game of life. Think about your week. Archery bison tag? Pffft. DQ magic money on hand? YES!! Winner winner chicken dinner.

That is too funny, LopeHunter. If ever you're in Bozeman, give a shout and we'll head down to DQ to spend some of that bounty I've been given.

When I sneak in the North 7th store with my new DQ hat and a "Double Diamond Franchise Owner" pin on my lapel, the employees scramble as if someone from DQ HQ is here to do a surprise inspection. Imagine their relief when the dude wearing the highly coveted DQ lapel pin merely asks for a medium vanilla cone, thumbs through his stack of freshly minted DQ gift cards, leaves a $5 tip, and heads out the door.

When I did this spoof video for Sitka and included some DQ action, the local employees questioned if they could allow us to film there. Much like an undercover FBI agent discretely flashing his badge, all I had to do was slightly zip down my coat, with serious expression pull the coat to the right and discretely reveal the authority resting on my lapel, and show them my Double Diamond Franchise Pin. They quickly cleared a space in the lobby and let us have at it for a couple minutes of filming. That pin comes with serious clout within the DQ network.

[video=youtube_share;DkS7nQt25gk]https://youtu.be/DkS7nQt25gk[/video]

So if I understand this correctly, I can now justify eating Dairy Queen to my wife by reminding her that this is "training" for the upcoming hunting season?

"I'm following in the footsteps of greatness, baby. Best not to question his methods." :)

If I could get my hands on one of those "Double Diamond Franchise Owner" lapel pins, would they let me have a key for after hour visits? Sometimes I have to question my decision to farm, I live in the Bermuda Triangle of DQ's. It's 30 miles to a DQ going SE or NE or west, yet haven't made it to one in months.

If I could get my hands on one of those "Double Diamond Franchise Owner" lapel pins, would they let me have a key for after hour visits?

Rumor is that if you can show the Double Diamond level of DQ status, you are granted after-hour privileges for private events, parties, and just hanging out. Kind of like the Delta Sky Club, but with perks that mean something.

I hadn’t checked this since posting this morning and just spent the last 5 minutes laughing like a hyena catching up.

Randy I would never want you to damage the relationship you have built with DQ, but if you do come to STL you have to try Ted Drewes, my treat. I’m sure it will put my membership of HuntTalk in question and make Randy question my intelligence, but Ted Drewes > DQ :W: Don’t ban me!!!

http://teddrewes.com

Hey Randy no need to worry. My daughter is a St Louis Attorney. I can get you a good deal. Just use the promo code ‘Randy ‘ when you talk to her. My name is Randy too!

Hey everyone. I am new to Hunt Talk and have a quick question while I check out the rest of the site. I drew a New Mexico archery elk tag 1st week for the upcoming season. Does anybody have any info on this unit? I will be hunting with an outfitter.

Hey everyone. I am new to Hunt Talk and have a quick question while I check out the rest of the site. I drew a New Mexico archery elk tag 1st week for the upcoming season. Does anybody have any info on this unit? I will be hunting with an outfitter.

Go to Dairy Queen in Bozeman Montana. Lots of info there. mtmuley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back