Yeti GOBOX Collection

Corner Crossing latest

;Generally speaking, Mr. Counselor.
I agree. And I assumed you and the original reference probably already understood, but I am surprised at how often the hundreds of readers may over apply a generality so it is sometimes nice for folks to see there is a bigger picture if the issue is important to them. You would be amazed (or maybe not) at how many pro bono clients I have had that are complete flummoxed by a legal reality hitting them between the eyes because they believed some inapplicable or misunderstood generality they picked up along the way.

Last edited:
Still quite interesting that UPOM got their greedy hands involved. Nobody knows who is in that group. There are many ranchers and landowners who live in the area UPOM purports to represent that have never heard of them.

I also think it is interesting that the court found that an undisclosed group of Montana property owners has any standing to file an amicus brief, when the 10th circuit's ultimate decision will still not affect the outcome in MT, as MT is not a 10th circuit state.
MARK & DEANNA ROBBINS
MARK AND DEANNA ROBBINS BOTH GREW UP IN CENTRAL MONTANA. THEY ARE THIRD GENERATION MONTANANS WHOSE FAMILY HOMESTEADED IN NORTHEAST FERGUS COUNTY IN 1917. THEY LIVE NEAR ROY, WHERE THEY RUN A COW/CALF OPERATION AND A BIG GAME OUTFITTING BUSINESS.

TOBY & JODY DAHL
TOBY DAHL, A FIFTH GENERATION RANCHER, MARRIED JODY, A FORMER TEACHER, IN 1998. THEY ARE RAISING THE SIXTH GENERATION ON THE FAMILY RANCH OUTSIDE ROUNDUP. TOGETHER THEY HAVE DIVERSIFIED THE FAMILY CATTLE RANCH INTO A WORKING GUEST RANCH (RUNAMUK GUEST RANCH) AND OFFER HUNTING SERVICES IN THE FALL. THEY ALSO RAISE SPEED-BRED QUARTER HORSES. BELIEVING IN THE MOTTO “SUSTAINABILITY THROUGH HOLISTIC DIVERSIFICATION”, THEY ARE WORKING TOWARD BUILDING A RANCH THAT WILL HELP NURTURE THE ECOLOGICAL VALUE OF THE LAND UNTIL THE NEXT GENERATION IS READY TO RUN RUNAMUK.

DAVE & CINDY ABEL
DAVE & CINDY OPERATE A 105 YEAR OLD FAMILY RANCH WITH THEIR SON TOBY, HIS WIFE JENNIFER AND THEIR FAMILY. THEY RUN A COW/CALF AND YEARLING OPERATION AND ALSO RAISE HANCOCK/ DRIFTWOOD QUARTER HORSES.

DON PROUE
DON PROUE HAS SPENT HIS LIFE IN CENTRAL AND EASTERN MONTANA. HE AND HIS WIFE BETTY HAVE BEEN MARRIED OVER 36 YEARS AND HAVE A SON AND A DAUGHTER. DON AND BETTY CURRENTLY LEASE A RANCH IN THE BULL MOUNTAINS, SOUTHEAST OF ROUNDUP, AND RUN A YEARLING CATTLE OPERATION. THEY ALSO OWN AND OPERATE BETTY’S FAMILY HOMESTEAD, A FARM AND RANCH OPERATION AT JORDAN. DON HAS BEEN AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THE MUSSELSHELL VALLEY STOCKGROWER’S ASSOCIATION, AND IS A FORMER SECRETARY/TREASURER FOR THAT ORGANIZATION. HE IS ALSO A FORMER STATE DIRECTOR FOR THE MONTANA HIGH SCHOOL RODEO ASSOCIATION.

CHUCK DENOWH
CHUCK DENOWH IS UPOM’S POLICY DIRECTOR. HE’S WORKED IN NONPROFIT MANAGEMENT, GRASSROOTS DEVELOPMENT, AND PUBLIC ADVOCACY IN MONTANA FOR A DECADE. HE GREW UP ON HIS FAMILY’S RANCH IN SIDNEY. HIS WIFE, BARBARA, WAS RAISED ON A RANCH NEAR GRANT IN BEAVERHEAD COUNTY. THEY LIVE IN HELENA.

SHELBY DEMARS
SHELBY IS ONE OF UPOM’S LOBBYISTS AND THE TECH-NERD OF THE BUNCH. SHE GREW UP ON A RANCH IN DILLON, MT AND NOW LIVES IN HELENA.

Well...at least that's the leadership under the "about us" section.

Now I've gotta call the dahls to clarify something....when they're talking speed-bred quarter horses...

...can I tell me wife she qualifies as speed bred or, no, must be something else...nevermind..carry on

So if the next step to the case is the 10th circuit, does the AG's office have anything to weigh in on?

So if the next step to the case is the 10th circuit, does the AG's office have anything to weigh in on?

no i don't believe so. the state is not involved in the case at this point, this is just another step in the civil trial, mano a mano if you will.

(Cautiously) It could just be a career move for him that has no real bearing on this subject. We already know that state politics in Wyoming are more geared towards the landed gentry... I do like his tie...

I agree. And I assumed you and the original reference probably already understood, but I am surprised at how often the hundreds of readers may over apply a generality so it is sometimes nice for folks to see there is a bigger picture if the issue is important to them. You would be amazed (or maybe not) at how many pro bono clients I have had that are complete flummoxed by a legal reality hitting them between the eyes because they believed some inapplicable or misunderstood generality they picked up along the way.
You been representing those sovereign citizens again @VikingsGuy?

Not sure how I feel about this yet....
Half the corporate lawyers I know hate their clients. And even if he liked daddy war bucks, I highly doubt this is some type of "plant". Also, with all the existing politics and layers of bureaucracy in government, unless he was AG himself, not much he can do to steer the ship.

Ranch owner: Corner crossing would erase billions in private property value. In a 31-page reply, Elk Mountain Ranch owner Fred Eshelman’s attorneys asked the U.S. 10th Circuit Court of Appeals to overturn Wyoming’s Chief U.S. District Judge Scott Skavdahl’s finding that corner crossing does not constitute trespass. The filing could be the last before the federal appellate court hears oral arguments in the sweeping trespass case. https://wyofile.com/ranch-owner-corner-crossing-would-erase-billions-in-private-property-value/

Ranch owner: Corner crossing would erase billions in private property value. In a 31-page reply, Elk Mountain Ranch owner Fred Eshelman’s attorneys asked the U.S. 10th Circuit Court of Appeals to overturn Wyoming’s Chief U.S. District Judge Scott Skavdahl’s finding that corner crossing does not constitute trespass. The filing could be the last before the federal appellate court hears oral arguments in the sweeping trespass case. https://wyofile.com/ranch-owner-corner-crossing-would-erase-billions-in-private-property-value/

Part of investing is risk. :)

“Billions of value in public lands co-opted by wealthy landowners clinging to silly 14th century English jurisprudence.”

Fixed it for them (FIFT)

Erase? Nope. More like “correct erroneous evaluations and reduce property tax burden from working ranchers”.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back