Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Corner Crossing latest

I work in the medical field the majority of my dealing are with malpractice lawsuits so literal ambulance chasers. I just don't know what definition is being used to describe a "good" lawyer. In my opinion the best lawyers are willing to drop their morales in order to represent their clients rights as you mentioned earlier. But that's not exactly my definition of being a "good" man.
If a doctor is against private gun ownership and anti hunting should they choose to not treat a patient of hunting related firearms accident? Doctors and lawyers are not there to judge their clients (patients). It is to give them good advice (treatment) consistent with the client’s (patient’s) wishes/needs.

If you don’t like the actions of a lawyer the proper person to criticize is the client who has directed that behavior. Our whole system is based upon the assumption that both parties can fully articulate their positions - not to have lawyers act as first tier judges using their own personal biases as a guide and weed them out. Of course there are extremes and boundaries - but those are the exceptions.

If a doctor is against private gun ownership and anti hunting should they choose to not treat a patient of hunting related firearms accident? Doctors and lawyers are not there to judge their clients (patients). It is to give them good advice (treatment) consistent with the client’s (patient’s) wishes/needs.

If you don’t like the actions of a lawyer the proper person to criticize is the client who has directed that behavior. Our whole system is based upon the assumption that both parties can fully articulate their positions - not to have lawyers act as first tier judges using their own personal biases as a guide and weed them out. Of course there are extremes and boundaries - but those are the exceptions.
Pretty good argument for criminal defense but falls to crap when talking about civil litigation. So if the client wishes to scam a insurance company it's the lawyers job to falsely represent them? Is that a boundary? For many it's not some make their entire living doing exactly that. Some of that "good" advice is lawyers coaching people to lie for monetary gain. Also to answer your doctor question I absolutely think they should have the right to refuse that person care. Although a more accurate scenario would be denying someone care who's their for the 100th time for the same shit because they won't stop smoking, drinking, eating, etc themselves to death.

Pretty good argument for criminal defense but falls to crap when talking about civil litigation. So if the client wishes to scam an insurance company it's the lawyers job to falsely represent them? Is that a boundary? For many it's not some make their entire living doing exactly that. Some of that "good" advice is lawyers coaching people to lie for monetary gain. Also to answer your doctor question I absolutely think they should have the right to refuse that person care. Although a more accurate scenario would be denying someone care who's there for the 100th time for the same shit because they won't stop smoking, drinking, eating, etc themselves to death.
Seeing you are deeply interested in a thoughtful analysis of the issue I refer you to the model rules of professional conduct. All the answers you are seeking are there.

“Billions of value in public lands co-opted by wealthy landowners clinging to silly 14th century English jurisprudence.”

Fixed it for them (FIFT)
I couldn't have said it better. They have counting on govt incompetence to persist. It will take time to unwind all of this as it trickles through the various courts. I wouldn't want to be a big ranch with a checkerboard.

Seeing you are deeply interested in a thoughtful analysis of the issue I refer you to the model rules of professional conduct. All the answers you are seeking are there.

Who knew?! Lawyers and influencers hunters are very alike!

Some follow the rule of law and some form of code of ethics and some lie, cheat and poach for personal gain!

I couldn't have said it better. They have counting on govt incompetence to persist. It will take time to unwind all of this as it trickles through the various courts. I wouldn't want to be a big ranch with a checkerboard.
But why not? All you lose is some exclusivity. It's not going to affect your livestock one iota. If all that ranch means to the owner is exclusive rights to public property, then it's not really a ranch in the first place. People with big exclusive hunting preserves in the checkerboard - they should be worried.

Anyway, my sympathy was spent elsewhere, long ago, on much more worthy people and issues.

But why not? All you lose is some exclusivity. It's not going to affect your livestock one iota. If all that ranch means to the owner is exclusive rights to public property, then it's not really a ranch in the first place. People with big exclusive hunting preserves in the checkerboard - they should be worried.

Anyway, my sympathy was spent elsewhere, long ago, on much more worthy people and issues.
Agreed

May 14...

Couldn’t have made it more confusing by combining two (2) issues just because they had the same court date:

How Fred Eshelman was misled in the purchase of his land and refused to admit corner-crossing transgender student Artemis Langford. At issue in the corner crossing case is whether a transgender man passing through the airspace of a sorority — by identifying as being on public land — constitutes trespass.

If it’s specifically legal in that 40 mile wide swath designated Checkerboard is it reasonable to assume that courts would use the same reasoning to resolve other corner crossing cases that might arise from corner crossing in areas outside the designated area?
It would only make sense.

Good lawyers is like good outfitters, an oxymoron to most…..🤔

Pretty good argument for criminal defense but falls to crap when talking about civil litigation. So if the client wishes to scam a insurance company it's the lawyers job to falsely represent them? Is that a boundary? For many it's not some make their entire living doing exactly that. Some of that "good" advice is lawyers coaching people to lie for monetary gain. Also to answer your doctor question I absolutely think they should have the right to refuse that person care. Although a more accurate scenario would be denying someone care who's there for the 100th time for the same shit because they won't stop smoking, drinking, eating, etc themselves to death.
What about the Hipocratic Oath sworn to??

Also to answer your doctor question I absolutely think they should have the right to refuse that person care. Although a more accurate scenario would be denying someone care who's their for the 100th time for the same shit because they won't stop smoking, drinking, eating, etc themselves to death.
You want a system where the ER doctor ask for your insurance card first? Look, some doctors can exercise judgement. I.E., Ortho won't operate on a person because they are high risk (see the criteria you cited). But most doctors/hospitals are tied to accepting government payments plans, medicare and medicaid, because of the sheer size of those programs. They can't refuse care. If you find a way around this let me know because I to listen to the complaints from the wife daliy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back