Colorado GMUs 9, 19, 191

TKDGuy

Hi all - new here.
I have deer tags for 2nd season rifle in Colorado GMU's 9, 19, and 191. I also have elk tags for 2nd season rifle in 191 and 9. I applied for them here because my son will be at University of Wy in Laramie so it's between us.
I haven't been up there yet but I'll be camping up there and scouting this summer but I'm hoping to get some guidance before hand. Are there animals in the area?
Anyone ever been in the Cherokee SWA units? Or is there a better area?
Anything would be appreciated!

Anyone happen to know or recommend guides in the Fort Collins area? I'm an out-of-stater and wouldn't mind being shown the ropes by a local.
Any decent guide is probably booked. Scott Limmer is one who has favorable reviews. $5k to look at ropes on private. $1k more to take a rope home. No one guides rifle deer on public land in those units and there’s a reason.

Howdy HT. Anyone still looking at 9/191/19? Considering applying and curious about anyone’s thoughts on these units for what we would consider a meat/get lucky trip. Are 130” deer a possibility? Are deer numbers reasonable? Not looking for booners just hoping to have a fun week. Willing to walk.

Welcome to all the new, past and present hunt talk members on this post!

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jjoner
Back