Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Colorado deer this year, who is burning points?

not burning points. it's unfortunate i even have points.

will be the third year in a row playing the 2nd choice/leftover game.

Im burning 6 points on a 4 point second rifle hunt this year along with a few family members and friends

160" today = 190" 15 years ago...

The most deer points I've ever had was 2 and that was just in recent years, because I feel bad killing deer now. The only thing about deer in CO that appeals to me is the possibility of a mid August archery hunt in the high country...

Last edited:
Depending on your expectations, the doom and gloom re: CO deer hunting IS all it's cracked up to be. Were we spoiled? Probably. But if you've been building points expecting to get to experience the hunting we had even 7-8 years ago, forget it. And the good ol' days of the mid 2000's aren't coming back. There are still big bucks out there, but it's going to take good old-fashioned luck to find one. And changes are coming to the draw system....

If your expectation is to see a fair number of deer and get the chance at a 150-160 4-point, then there are still many places where that hunt can be found.

Depending on your expectations, the doom and gloom re: CO deer hunting IS all it's cracked up to be. Were we spoiled? Probably. But if you've been building points expecting to get to experience the hunting we had even 7-8 years ago, forget it. And the good ol' days of the mid 2000's aren't coming back.
tmp.gif

You guys realize that the worst unit in CO is still better than the best in MT, and the line is still out the door in MT.

I'll burn the few I have when the time is right. As a NR the point creep is getting stupid, and I wonder when people are going to realize that the points don't equal big deer? I can't believe some units have nearly doubled in 5 years.

Then I think back to the MT situation... people want a chance to hunt deer even if the chances of killing one are slim to none.

Deer jerky is the best, but big bucks make more jerky...

You guys realize that the worst unit in CO is still better than the best in MT, and the line is still out the door in MT.

I'll burn the few I have when the time is right. As a NR the point creep is getting stupid, and I wonder when people are going to realize that the points don't equal big deer? I can't believe some units have nearly doubled in 5 years.

Then I think back to the MT situation... people want a chance to hunt deer even if the chances of killing one are slim to none.

Deer jerky is the best, but big bucks make more jerky...

I absolutely realize that. And I also realize that the vast majority of people with 10+ points in CO were expecting to have the opportunity to draw a better experience than is currently available in the state. That's why they buy a point here and keep going back to MT in the interim. ;)

I’ll burn one point to hunt 41. I most likely won’t shoot a buck but I enjoy hunting my backyard and will pass on multiple 150 bucks.

I've been in the point accumulators club in Colorado for about a decade. Hoping in the next year or two that those points buys me a ticket to somewhere with lots of deer and not a lot of other hunters.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back