Colorado 2014 Elk Trip

Looks like a great time noharley - great fish, the weather was pretty balmy for hunting I'm guessing?

Ken I'll tack a good trout fishing outing if the hunt went south. My major set back is, once I see fossils while fishing I stop fishing a hunt fossils.

Good stuff Ken! Figure I'll tag onto this report, was just over the mountain anyhow.

We saw lots of critters, hunted from low to high and back again. We got some weather thrown in there for good measure too. It was a good hunt with great friends, but we just didn't put it together, so the coolers made the trip home empty. Got to hunt with a couple locals that the daughter had a youth tag, was hopeful we could help them pack out a bull opening morning, but it wasn't to be. Had a three guys come marching down the spine of the ridge at daybreak, sending the elk straight to private. Disappointing, but that's public land hunting sometimes. Counting the days until we're in elk country again.

6x5

Always see elk here before the season, never during...

3 seasons in 1 day

Elk country

Almost shooting light

Back home

Souvenirs

Glad you had a good hunt and a safe journey home. We were definitely looking at the same colors and topography...nice pics. You'll get em next year.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back