Co. muley units

mixedbag

I know this is a stretch to be asking but I do help a lot of other guys out on here so what the heck.I have 4 deer points and want to rifle hunt for muleys.The later the season the better.Any unit suggestions for that point range or should I keep building a few more years.I'm not a big trophy hunter but will pass on dinks;under 140".Really don't know what part of the state has the best muley populations.Im 100% diy guy so I need access to public ground for the hunt.Even if you could tell me which part of the state I should be researching would be a big help.
Thanks

you might draw a unit 54 2nd season. I don't see you getting any later than a second choice with only four points. Good luck

Maybe he meant 54 second season, and can't get any later season?

You can kill 140" deer in any unit in the state, points or not.. Your bar is pretty darn low, considering a 140" deer is a 2-3yo buck. I'd decide what type of habitat you want to hunt, then look up the areas that take 4 or less points to draw and go for it. I'd chose a 3rd season hunt, especially this year. Season dates for deer/elk keep getting earlier in rifle, and later in muzz/archery. I think they reset in a year or so. I'm hording my points for the later 3rd season. Let all the suckers burn them on the first week of Nov 3rd season hunts.

Units 35, 40, 72, 63, 64 and 65 rifle tags. A 140" buck is 4 pt with a 22-24 spread under most conditions. The latest issue of Colorado Outdoors has preference points and herd status.

Babistew,thanks for letting me know about the seasons.Guess I don't want to be a sucker,lol.I can wait another year for better dates.Think your right about aiming too low in size.I have a 140 Mt buck that I'd have to beat to be happy.Didn't want to act like it would have to be a 190 or nothing coming from 2000 miles away.i generally look around a few days to see whats available size wise unless I get lucky and see something I can't pass early
I got a few pm's and would like to thank those guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alaska2Montana
Back