Caribou Gear Tarp

Canyon Ferry Bozeman Water Pipeline

Sounds silly to me. And at upwards of $5 billion, not feasible. Why wouldn't you take the water out of the Missouri at Three Forks instead of letting it flow all the way to Canyon Ferry, just to pump it back all that way?

Sounds silly to me. And at upwards of $5 billion, not feasible. Why wouldn't you take the water out of the Missouri at Three Forks instead of letting it flow all the way to Canyon Ferry, just to pump it back all that way?
Right? There’s already a dam in toston, make it bigger. lol.

I’m 996 yards from the lake.

Last edited:
I thought that rest area got closed down? Is it an encampment now?
Yep, probably soon to be another hotel.
The new rest area was snuck in the back door out by Wheat Montana. It's been completed for a year but still not open due to poor water quality and they are not officially connected to the sewage treatment as of yet.
Tourists still stop thinking the interstate sign "rest area closed " is a mirage.

The new rest area was snuck in the back door out by Wheat Montana. It's been completed for a year but still not open due to poor water quality and they are not officially connected to the sewage treatment as of yet.
Tourists still stop thinking the interstate sign "rest area closed " is a mirage.
Well...now I know the rest of the story. I was wondering WTH when driving by it last week. Good looking rest area, sure would be nice if it was open.

I saw it under construction last summer. Next to the strip clubs and wheat montana. Very convenient!

Yes, what a debacle! They close and sell the "Taj Mahal" really nice and well used rest area right off the interstate on north 19th in Bozeman, a very convenient rest area ... then begin the obviously problematic process of building a new one near Wheat Montana ... good for bakery business but otherwise not convenient for travellers. Meantime the "Taj Mahal" rest area is no longer available for a year or more ... and there is no rest area within many, many miles of the Gallatin Valley! Whoever orchestrated that plan should be fired.

Yes, what a debacle! They close and sell the "Taj Mahal" really nice and well used rest area right off the interstate on north 19th in Bozeman, a very convenient rest area ... then begin the obviously problematic process of building a new one near Wheat Montana ... good for bakery business but otherwise not convenient for travellers. Meantime the "Taj Mahal" rest area is no longer available for a year or more ... and there is no rest area within many, many miles of the Gallatin Valley! Whoever orchestrated that plan should be fired.
I always found the "Taj Mahal" super inconvenient for getting in and out of. Always just held it till the small wayside between Bozeman pass and Livingston.

Water pipelines are a huge undertaking for construction. Normally entirely concrete pipe inside and out, to maintain negative buoyancy. Really slow process as compared to a normal steel gas pipeline. I bet the cost will double and I wonder how many lawsuits there will be from the landowners and tribes along the Missouri River that have water rights.

The owner/ developer of the 19th property orchestrated the new rest area, conveniently fast tracked the review process and disregarded local public comment for the most part.
So we have a brewery, rest area, Wheat Montana sandwich shop( Sisco products).
Need a DQ and a few taco busses.
Maybe a pipeline too.
Forgot about the strip club and toy store.🤣

I know it was controversial because of the subdivision “next” to the Wheat rest area but from an in and out perspective I would much rather get on and off at 287/Wheat than 19th now. That area of 287 in 20 years will likely look like what 19th looks like today.

Pretty infuriating that the entire thing was constructed and completed before running into the water/sewage issue. Definitely would like to see someone held responsible and accountable for this. They also have the lights on at night so just a big waste of money so far.

Back to the article, what I found odd is that Bozeman is looking into creating a new government authority that would seemingly be able to get this pipeline started.

The owner/ developer of the 19th property orchestrated the new rest area, conveniently fast tracked the review process and disregarded local public comment for the most part.
Maybe a pipeline too.

At least you’re getting a Murdoch’s. That will be nice IMO.

Maybe a pipeline too.

My understanding was it was a land swap for those two parcels? Heck of a deal for that guy, kudos to him for pulling a fast one on the state and county if that is actually true.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back