Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Cabelas & Elk Foudation Boycot Sports Show.

The current list of personalities/attendees/sponsors that have pulled out of the show in outrage over this issue is as follows.
Cabela's
Blaine Anthony, The Bear Whisperer
Boondock Outdoors
Trop Gun Shop
DuckWater Boats Dover Ohio
Lancaster Archery Supply
Nature Blinds, LLC
Whitetail Bosses
Domari Nolo Defense Consulting
Wired Outdoors
Atlantic Tactical
Direct Action Tactical Firearms
Cutting Edge Bullets
Dead Ringer
Kinsey's Outdoors
Open Season TV
X- Stand Treestands
HookHunt
Full Circle Outdoors
Hunters and Guides Connection
Alaska's Ravencroft Lodge
Cross Canyon Arms
Fred Eichler - Fulldraw Outfitters
Ralph & Vicki Cianciarulo - Archers Choice Media
Pat & Nicole Reeve - Driven TV
Lee & Tiffany Lakosky - The Crush
Wyvern Creations
Stokerized Stabilizers
Woodcock Limited of Pennsylvania
My Northeast Outdoors
Arrowhead Outdoors
Midwest Whitetail Outdoors
CanCooker
2 Million Bullets
Firearms Industry Consulting Group
Northern Hideaway Outfitters
Zook Cabins
The Warmbag
Athens Archery
Mountain Dog Chews
Dominator 365
Northern Outdoor Lodge
Droptine Outfitters
Keystone Country Store

It is very obvious that when reading the last couple lines of their "copout" that they just don't get it when they say the original decision only affected a small percentage of the exhibitors.

This is what is so cool about the whole deal. Their original decision may only have affected 4 or 5 exibitors directly, however over 300 banded together to send them a message. We are finally starting to work together as a team!

1000 exhibitions and 200-300 of them pull out. Someone's definition of "small percentage" is different then mine. 20-30 % seems fairly substansial to me.

Outstanding! Hit them in the pocket book.

You can cheer all you want,Unfortunately it doesn't just hit the company that runs the show, but all of the vendors that make money at the show. Its probably a higher percentage loss of revenue for some of the small companies that exhibit there than Reed Exhibitions... I'd say not cool...

"In my opinion Reed Exhibitions should review what they just did to the economy of the region... "

Do you really think a British company gives a rip about anything other than their bottom line?

"In my opinion Reed Exhibitions should review what they just did to the economy of the region... "

Do you really think a British company gives a rip about anything other than their bottom line?

Do you think all those celebrities/corporations give a rip how many fishing charters won't be sold at the show?

If they did, they would ATLEAST ATTEMPT to put the show on at another venue...

Just like the 1st amendment does not give you the right to post whatever you want on this forum, the 2nd amendment doesn't give you the right to have a booth at an outdoor show.

Ruger, Smith & Wesson, and others have literally put dozens of small business's annual income at risk.

Ummm, the Parent company is British, they operate a local subsidiary with US employees that are US citizens and no doubt many are pro-gun. That subsidiary operates based on revenue generated, and with this publicity that may be in jeopardy....surely the 2014 SHOT show may not be happening and they may lose others over this (they could also gain some events, but I'd guess they'd be immaterial at best).

Do you think all those celebrities/corporations give a rip how many fishing charters won't be sold at the show?

If they did, they would ATLEAST ATTEMPT to put the show on at another venue...

Just like the 1st amendment does not give you the right to post whatever you want on this forum, the 2nd amendment doesn't give you the right to have a booth at an outdoor show.

Ruger, Smith & Wesson, and others have literally put dozens of small business's annual income at risk.

Are not the political prostitutes exploiting a tragedy the least bit culpable? Reed caved to kneejerk leftist pc and it's customer base made a stand, obviously in deference to their customer base.

Last edited:
The corporate top officers made a wrong decision. They did NOT know their customers as well as they thought. A few phone calls and research would have given them the information they needed. They chose not to seek information about their customers and paid the price. Smarter people will fill the void and put on a better show.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back