NEW SITKA Ambient 75

CA bruin

SDHNTR

A yogi I bow shot with my brother in the Southern Sierras of CA. With the assistance of some of the best hounds in the state. Scored 20 3/16 p&y.

Attachments

• nate and tay bear.jpg
    nate and tay bear.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 361
Nice bear!! I thought you couldn't hunt with hounds in CA anymore...if you can that is great! I grew up in CA and saw the cougar and bear populations increase while deer populations seemed to dwindle.

You can still hunt with hounds, for now anyway Can't bait. No cougar hunting. It's still an uphill battle. Bear populations are doing well and expanding. There was a proposed quota increase this year but the commissioner shot it down due to "public opposition." No crap, this is California! Our game management is unfortunately dictated by politics rather than biology.

Great looking bear, congrats! Running hounds is a blast! Shot mine with hounds this year also!

Nice looking bear when I think of CA I dont usually think of hunting but the more I see from the state with bear and blacktails the more I would love to got hunt there someday.

You'd be surprised at the hunting opportunities in CA. They may not be as good as some other states for trophy quality (although our bears will rank up there with any place), but we have more variety than any place else.

3 species of deer, 3 kinds of elk, hogs, pronghorn, bears, predators, upland, waterfowl, etc.

If you have any tips/info on where to get a crack at a decent blacktail, I"m all ears!!! :D

I'm far from an experienced on blacktails but if I were after one, I'd pick a NW Cal wilderness area like the Trinity Alps, Yolla Bollys, or Marbles and start hiking.

Congrats on the bear but sorry to hear about your state politics. I live in WA. State which is also a blue state, but fortunately the liberals haven't won the battles here that they have down there. If things go south, I'll move to Montana, Wyoming or Texas. Ah heck......I want to move to Montana anyway. ;-)

Happy hunting everyone. Be safe out there!

Bear Xing

Congrats on the bear but sorry to hear about your state politics. I live in WA. State which is also a blue state, but fortunately the liberals haven't won the battles here that they have down there. If things go south, I'll move to Montana, Wyoming or Texas. Ah heck......I want to move to Montana anyway. ;-)

Happy hunting everyone. Be safe out there!

Nice! Hope to get one myself someday, but with the Enviro's banning hounds, baiting, & Sprin season I'm not doing to well in my search

again, nice job!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alaska2Montana
Back