Caribou Gear Tarp

Buy smaller hunting clothing

MThuntr

My boss approached me at lunch about buying a size smaller in hunting gear in an attempt to push himself to lose that last 15lbs of winter fat. I agreed that it should push him to losing weight but I suggested buying his normal size in a jacket so he could layer. I'm considering it myself to keep me more active over the summer (2.5 months to archery elk). Some self-imposed fat shaming.

Anyone have thoughts? Anyone used expensive clothes to push yourself into "elk shape" (I hate that term)?

Last edited:
I find that eating fewer calories and exercising more is far more effective for me when looking to lose weight. Buy what fits.

I've been using the 'eat real food, hike through hell with heavy pack' program. Its been working alright for sheepshape.
Cutting out processed foods will do wonders.

Just buy your normal size in anything Sitka, and when you put it on, you will say " W T F ?????" I normally wear a L or XL, but in Sitka if I don't order 2x, I will have to send it back.

350" screamers are enough motivation for me to stay in shape year round!!!! And 350-450 arrows flung per week :)

The few times I've done this, the clothes just don't get used. Buy what fits now. If you lose enough that they are way too big for you, then you deserve some new hunting gear anyways.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaredem21
Back