Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Bozeman: is it really that bad anymore?

Even with my frustrations of City and County leaders continually exempting and modifying the Master Plan and contributing to the rapid pace of this change, I have concluded that of all the places I travel, my later-in-life-latitude to live anywhere I want still has not been struck by any of the other outdoor enclaves I travel to.

Just how embedded Mrs. Fin and I feel in the community and the state. Pretty sure we'll die and be buried in Montana.
I thought that too...then found Wyoming.

Glad I moved when I did, the walls are closing in here too, just at a slower pace than Montana.

Got in on some of the best of both Montana and Wyoming while the gettin' was good.

Even with my frustrations of City and County leaders continually exempting and modifying the Master Plan and contributing to the rapid pace of this change, I have concluded that of all the places I travel, my later-in-life-latitude to live anywhere I want still has not been struck by any of the other outdoor enclaves I travel to.

Just how embedded Mrs. Fin and I feel in the community and the state. Pretty sure we'll die and be buried in Montana.
Yeah, my feeling as well.
Not much to do about growth/change.
I'm loyal to the state to a tee.

In 2006 - a 22 year old woman showed me her beaver sitting right at the bar, after the power hour crowd headed east. I didn’t even run a trap line. I had a good tree stand at pour house back then.
Bozeman doesn’t sound all that bad after all

The crystal was the best. I was loading a friends artwork up recently framed and mounted at old main gallery a couple weeks ago, i ran into the crystal to use the restroom. Still smells like bad urine tarsal gland musk. We took the art up to the montage (Spanish Peaks club) in a truck and it took us all day to hang them. Contrast.

You can't make a left turn in this town anymore. I get really depressed every time I go out. I'd leave, but I'm too invested in this area and I don't know where I'd go.

My kid is trying to find a place to live and just applied for a 3 bed 1 bath place for $2500/month. That up about $1000/month from two years ago. My 5 bedroom, 2800 sq ft house is worth less than the median house being sold. It's a bunch of rich folks moving in, so everything being built is high end. A normal person can't compete. I wonder how long it will be before the MT resident students can't even afford to live here for college.

Is there any truth to the rumor that power hour is no longer a thing at the Crystal?
I wouldn’t know it’s been a decade for me, and 30+ years ago it was quarter beers at the r bar. I can’t even go into that place nowadays, but I’ve got good memories.

I wouldn’t know it’s been a decade for me, and 30+ years ago it was quarter beers at the r bar. I can’t even go into that place nowadays, but I’ve got good memories.
Remember quarter beers at the zoo? That place was a hole, probably a superfund site now, but it was close to Roskie...

Remember quarter beers at the zoo? That place was a hole, probably a superfund site now, but it was close to Roskie...
Below what’s now spectators? Yes! People used to just pee in the corner. Great place - 1986-87 range but I think it closed shortly after that.

I just saw Beth Dutton get in a bar fight at the Crystal...I'll say Bozeman has changed ;)
I walked out of there ~1990 and saw the movie crew of "A River Runs Through It" setting up for a shoot on a side street. I think it was the scene where they said "The world is full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the further one gets from Missoula, Montana."

Whiskey Wednesdays at the R-bar was always a good time too

It's a very expensive, "nice" mountain town. It's basically Boulder.

Boulder isn't "nice" or a "mountain town", but many people who live there like to think it's both of those things. I thought it was cool 20 years ago when I considered going to college there, but you couldn't pay me enough to do so now. I'm trying to say more positive things this year though, so as a complement to Boulder, they were very quick in getting the meth contamination cleaned out of the public library last week.

I thought that too...then found Wyoming.

Glad I moved when I did, the walls are closing in here too, just at a slower pace than Montana.

Got in on some of the best of both Montana and Wyoming while the gettin' was good.
I find the more north you go from Laramie, the less Colorado license plates you'll see (y)

I tried to go to a dive bar in September, but we couldn’t get in because this particular one has a bit of a western look to it, and with Yellowstone that’s the in thing. The plump lips, fake tits, and Gucci bags were lined up on the sidewalk waiting for others toeave so they could squeeze in the door.
We just ended up going and having dinner at the old Buffalo jump. Amazing to see what can be done with the right amount of disinfectant and elbow grease to turn that place from dive strip club to a decent place to eat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrturtle
Back