Yeti GOBOX Collection

Bozeman: is it really that bad anymore?

I haven’t spent much time in Bozeman since before it became what it is today. I avoid that place like the plague anymore, even the portion of the interstate passing through there has a different feel than the rest of the state.

Bozeman residents or people who spend a lot of time there, is it as bad as everyone says? What changes have you seen overtime?
I am not a city person, thus I don't like Bozeman, Billings, Missoula, or Kallispell.

I like small towns like Ronan, Polson, Plains, Glendive, Sydney, Dillon, etc.

"Every guy on Tinder is holding a fish or something else he killed."

AUGH I was just talking about this the other day with some friends - there is a whole faction of women that don't like this (guys with fish/hunting pics in their dating profiles) which I THINK IS CRAZY. We agreed that holding a big fish or posing with a deer is awesome - it means a dude is outdoorsy, he has hobbies besides video games and IPAs. Single ladies need to check themselves if they keep writing off normal awesome dudes with fish pics.
Maybe she ought to try grinder then?

Bozemanhttps://www.kbzk.com/community/this-week-in-fish-and-wildlife/this-week-in-fish-and-wildlife-more-hunting-options-after-close-of-montanas-general-hunting-season interpretation.
🤣
Big round of applause please.

Under the muzzleloader regs, can you use a Knight disc rifle with a scope? or does it have to be a cap or flintlock? What about type of bullet? Can you use a sabot like the Barnes MZ bullet?

I was at a dinner party last night at a buddies house. Probably 20 adults, the majority of them transplants to Bozeman area within the last 3-5 years…WOW, the amount of wounded elk, BMA road hunting, 6.5 creedmoor with eld-x’s, I lost my mind and blacked out on the shot stories that were going around kind of blew my mind. I got a lot of unsolicited advice on how to hunt in griz country, what pistol to use, the ultimate cartridge for dropping a bull. Just kind of bit my tongue and felt better about my chances with all these new BozAngels “adult onset hunters.”

Last edited:
I was at a dinner party last night at a buddies house. Probably 20 adults, the majority of them transplants to Bozeman area within the last 3-5 years…WOW, the amount of wounded elk, BMA road hunting, 6.5 creedmoor with eld-x’s, I lost my mind and blacked out on the shot stories that were going around kind of blew my mind. I got a lot of unwarranted advice on how to hunt in griz country, what pistol to use, the ultimate cartridge for dropping a bull. Just kind of bit my tongue and felt better about my chances with all these new BozAngels “adult onset hunters.”
Almost like the internet. mtmuley

Link below to another story of Bozeman idiots driving motorized vehicle far up clearly marked popular trail used for hiking, skiing, mountain biking, but NOT for motorized vehicles, including electric bikes. These nimrods got stuck and called SAR, partly because they assumed it was still summer and did not have appropriate cold weather wear or equipment to take care of their own mess! It does not specify what type of stuck vehicle, but one of my peeves is the recent uptick in large-tired mud bogger trucks churning up and down some of the infrequently unmaintained county roads. IMO, trail and road damage should elicit huge fines and repair charges.

I was at a dinner party last night at a buddies house. Probably 20 adults, the majority of them transplants to Bozeman area within the last 3-5 years…WOW, the amount of wounded elk, BMA road hunting, 6.5 creedmoor with eld-x’s, I lost my mind and blacked out on the shot stories that were going around kind of blew my mind. I got a lot of unsolicited advice on how to hunt in griz country, what pistol to use, the ultimate cartridge for dropping a bull. Just kind of bit my tongue and felt better about my chances with all these new BozAngels “adult onset hunters.”
Yeppers. I would have to leave the party in disgust. Since Biden got elected, I have cut off any dumbass friend (now former friend) that voted for the brain dead. Now you know what we have to put up with here in Florida!! The "experts" come from NYC, MA, CT, NY, PA, IL, VT, NH, etc. Thank God they live in South Florida. Daytona/Voluisa County has seen some growth but not the kind down in all of South Florida, east and west coasts of Florida. I have a sticker on the back of my truck: "The Locals Hate You". You can get one on Amazon.

BTW, it's all about them! Absolutely no self-awareness.

My favorite are the folks that stop IN the roundabouts. That's some good fun when you are behind them.
There are those and then also the ones who are oblivious to any other traffic being even near the roundabout and enter speeding with eyes straight ahead and tires gripping like it's a raceway turn! "Right-of-way" to them means it's their right to get in your way! :mad:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back