Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

BiPartisan Sportsman's Act Clears Big Hurdle

Ben Lamb

Just heard that the Bipartisan Sportsmen's Act of 2014 cleared Coture 82-12.

Bad amendments relative to sage grouse & EPA Clean Air Act Rules to be expected from the right, stripping the ammo regulation component from the left.

Hopefully both will be defeated and a clean bill get passed. If you haven't contacted your senator, now would be a good time with a Thanks & "Pass a clean bill."

Waiting to get a vote count for folks. Will post it when I get it.

This part makes me ?

Federal Land Transaction Facilitation Reauthorization (FLTFA):
This section reauthorizes the BLM's authority to sell land to private landowners, counties, companies and others for ranching, community development and various projects. This “Land for Land” approach creates jobs and generates funding for BLM, USFS, National Park Service and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to acquire critical in-holdings from willing sellers. The sales revenue allows agencies to acquire high priority lands with important wildlife habitat value and recreational access for hunting and fishing.

Ben, thanks for keeping track of this bill for us. Please post what you learn. I hope it stays intact.

Federal Land Transaction Facilitation Reauthorization (FLTFA):
This section reauthorizes the BLM's authority to sell land to private landowners, counties, companies and others for ranching, community development and various projects. This “Land for Land” approach creates jobs and generates funding for BLM, USFS, National Park Service and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to acquire critical in-holdings from willing sellers. The sales revenue allows agencies to acquire high priority lands with important wildlife habitat value and recreational access for hunting and fishing.

I like a suspicious mind. :)

FLTFA has been with us for a long time. It's a good program when utilized properly.

Here's a good primer on it:

http://www.conservationfund.org/our...fa-federal-land-transaction-facilitation-act/

So from social media relating to this bill I have learned the following:

It's an awful bill
Lead will poison every creature that lives on earth
Is a cover for the gun grabbers and there is a secret rider that will will take away your rights
Is only for bloodthirsty hunters
"wildlife viewers" contribute more to the economy than hunting
Harry Reid is an asshole (I knew that before but....)

Seriously, the lunatic fringe out to the east and west are ridiculous. It's no wonder chit can't get done, people can't even read and make reasonable assumptions.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jjoner
Back