Bino Harness with rangefinder ?

Spot & Stalk

So I went back and read all the posts on this subject and it seems the consensus was that the FHF system was pretty good and had the "best" rangefinder system. I been looking at the FHF and the Solo hunter model....any recent comments or experiences with either model??

I am leaning towards FHF because they have a system for my RF and GPS which Solo does not but I like the magnetic latch idea for the bino cover.

I don't know if it actually makes a difference but I found the magnetic bono closures to be noisy when things started getting serious. I much prefer the tether pull open.

I went thru Badlands, then KUIU, now using FHF. The lid on the FHF is a pain as there is no easy way for it to stay open, a common problem with all three brands I have used. FHF is as bad as KUIU for lack of in stock product.

Against popular consensus. I ended up with alaska guide creation. Their largest model takes my 10x50 bino in the main pouch and separate slots for
my range finder and compact camera. Small phone and knife in the 2 side slots. The odd part was I called the guy up, Jaret, to ask about it and he sent it to me and told me to try it and send him a check if I liked it or send it back.
Most folks want cash on the barrel head. I sent him a check after elk hunting with it.

Thanks for all the replies...good comment on the magnetic closures, I'll do some checking and I did notice the FHF was not in stock...hmmm. Interesting about the Alaska Guide experience, most people are cash up front and store credit vs money on returns, good to know.

This is for next season so I have some time but want to get quality gear.

I was going to buy an FHF but got a good deal on a badlands magnetic close harness. Two things I have found when in the magnets seem to close loud to me, maybe not but seems like if an animal was close it could hear it. Number two while elk hunting this year the harness hit the saddle horn and bumped open knocking my windicator out, not to my knowledge a little later I feel something bump my hand and there's my binoculars in my hand without my knowledge. I did not have them tethered as I would put them on my tripod, after that I just tethered and took the harness off to put on bipod.

Thanks for all the replies...good comment on the magnetic closures, I'll do some checking and I did notice the FHF was not in stock...hmmm. Interesting about the Alaska Guide experience, most people are cash up front and store credit vs money on returns, good to know.

This is for next season so I have some time but want to get quality gear.

FHF gear is made by a guy in Bozeman MT that is a full time law enforcement officer. Since he has a full time job, FHF gear is done on the side instead of full time like most other brands. Just an FYI.

FHF gear is made by a guy in Bozeman MT that is a full time law enforcement officer. Since he has a full time job, FHF gear is done on the side instead of full time like most other brands. Just an FYI.

I waited a while for FHF to get some in for me as well. But, it is worth it. Supporting a local guy, in MT, making a great product. My only complaint is the side pocket isn't big enough for a more "Standard" size wind checker bottle. I had to go special order one.

Check out what Mystery Ranch is releasing for Spring 2017....http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/14793647424057ra7tf4a

Not an exact copy but it is basically a knockoff of FHF design. When Paul turned down their shitty offer to sell his product, they basically told him they are moving forward, starting with his design anyways. They are made over seas. I've always been a huge MR fan, but lost a lot of respect for them over this. Business is business I guess.

Love my AGC KISS. I just use the case that came with my rangefinder (Leupy 1200i TBR) and feed the lower right strap of the harness through it. I also attached the lanyard of the rangefinder to the front strap of my harness in case it falls out of the pouch when busting brush, etc. Side mesh pockets are big enough for a call and wind checker, awesome elastic sleeve on the top for my phone and tags and extra ammo in the rear zipper pocket.

Back