Biggest…when?

MarvB

Just curious if I’m on an island or if others feel my pain? Took my biggest bull back in 1999 (360” and change) and have NOT been remotely close since 🤷‍♂️

How bout y’all? It’s been nearly 25 years since I set my mark 😭

Public land? Man id be happy with a 360 ever. Most hunters - especially ones who dont pay for access or "know" someone with access on private or public through private dream of doing that.

Last edited:
Just curious if I’m on an island or if others feel my pain? Took my biggest bull back in 1999 (360” and change) and have NOT been remotely close since 🤷‍♂️

2008 Marv...doubt I'll ever sniff 360 rare air though.

Pic of yours please...

Just curious, how old were you when you got him?

2008 Marv...doubt I'll ever sniff 360 rare air though.

Pic of yours please...
I'd have to dig through some photo albums for field pics (old instamatic camera days lol) but here is a couple from the man cave and a pic of a pic (and a much younger me). Its odd when I think of how much more time I have to hunt, to plan, have better gear, etc...but i think my best bull since prob only goes 310+/- and I've haven't even seen many that are legit over 300. But again I hunt Oregon for the most part and tags and opportunity have diminished a lot over the years (archery used to be OTC) and wolves, lions, and people have taken over most of our old spots.

IMG_5832.jpg
IMG_5831.jpg

IMG_5833.jpg

I'd have to dig through some photo albums for field pics (old instamatic camera days lol) but here is a couple from the man cave and a pic of a pic (and a much younger me). Its odd when I think of how much more time I have to hunt, to plan, have better gear, etc...but i think my best bull since prob only goes 310+/- and I've haven't even seen many that are legit over 300. But again I hunt Oregon for the most part and tags and opportunity have diminished a lot over the years (archery used to be OTC) and wolves, lions, and people have taken over most of our old spots.

View attachment 325238
View attachment 325239

View attachment 325240
William Tell's hat had a longer feather. ; )...Great bull & gripgrin

Had just turned 40 about two months prior....thought I'd figured out this hunting thing back then and have proven myself wrong on numerous occasions since lol .
That’s an awesome Oregon bull. Congrats!

I shot my best bull in 1977, DIY, on public land in northern Montana. He gross scored 375 with 59 1/2" and 60 1/2" main beams. He was the last elk that I shot with my .30-06. I've shot a lot of small 6s and 5x5s since then, but haven't even seen anything like him.
siB12I3l.jpg

Mine was in 2022. Once I got the mount back, I realized the wall I thought would fit 3 bulls (Tule Roosevelt and Rocky) was full with two. It really made me reconsider what I was hunting for. It took a lot of the Ego Hunger away for me. Last Fall I just guided for elk, and next Fall I'm going to accompany my father on two Mule deer hunts. I think I'm finally to that place where I can enjoy helping other people and enjoy the experience of just being hunting. Always before when I had a good tag, I felt the pressure to make the most of it.

I will say some of my favorite hunting memories were not my biggest bucks or bulls.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back