Big 3 point

JCS

This deer forum has been kind of slow so I thought I would post a older picture. I had posted this a few years ago.

Here is the biggest muley 3 pointer that I have ever killed. I shot him 10 years ago this fall.

I watched him for several hours before I pulled the trigger. I REALLY wanted a deer with at least 4 points a side. I guess I was/am spoiled. I glad I took him. 1 shot from the 7mag and down he went.

MT
Public Land
7mm interbonds
28" wide

I deboned and packed out.

Attachments

• big 3 point 1.jpg
    big 3 point 1.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 726
  • packing.JPG
    packing.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 704
I have a friend who showed me a pic of a huge 3x3 in the unit for which I drew my NV archery deer tag this year. He passed on it last rifle season, wanting a 4x4. I think that 3x3 is pushing 180. If he is still alive and anywhere near where he was located last October, I hope I can find him.

I have three things I really want to shoot. A whopper 3x3 mule deer, a big whale-tailed 5x5 bull elk, and a massive 4x4 whitetail. I think those are as cool as cool gets, scores be damned.

Yes, I would have shot that buck you took, in a heartbeat. Congrats.

Nice Deer Jim. Can't wait to hunt over there this year. I killed a very large fork horn in New Mexico in 07, trying to find a pic. of it to post. It was a last day buck ,but pretty neat. Yours is a any day Shooter...........BOB!

..another big 3

My buddy Craig shot the one on the left about 5 years ago. Both G.-2's are 17"'...made a cool euro.

Very cool. Do you think he was a younger buck that would have eventually grown forths, an older buck on his way downhill, or genetically "relegated" to being a three point for his entire life?

Very cool. Do you think he was a younger buck that would have eventually grown forths, an older buck on his way downhill, or genetically "relegated" to being a three point for his entire life?

My thoughts were genetic predisposition.....

Beautiful trophy and I wouldn't have waiting that long to pull the trigger. LOL

Great buck, score/points or not! I'd shoot that in a heartbeat.

I'm with Fin, fewer points and big frames make for impressive trophies. A co-worker in UT shot a nearly 350" 5X5 and a cousin shot a 8 point (for miller) whitetail that netted over B&C minimum. Both are supper impressive critters.

I too love the lesser scoring critters - that and I like to help the gene pool out. Though he isn't a three, this old desert buck was one heck of an old forky. Teeth down the gums and all.

Pack out:

And a whale tale 5x5 shot in high winds just for the heck of it. Looks like poor shooting but he was quartering away and that back shot wrecked the vitals. One long solo packout...

-Cody

I'm a two point addict.... Not sure why, big 2 points are cool.... White tails just don't impress me too much, taste good thou.... Elk, well... I like them all...
Matt

Randy, I have seen many large 3x3's in Nevada. Seems to have good genetics out here for them. I saw a huge one in the rubies 5 years ago. It was taken two years later and was 32" wide. Good luck finding the one from last year I would love to get a monster 3x3 as well.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MachineSub GN 4576225912G
Back