PEAX Equipment

Best area to hunt?

Hawkerpayne

I'm new to this forum and from what I have read it has some great info on here. I'm going to move west this winter and as an ER nurse I can essentially pick and choose where I want to live. So my question is this. If you could live anywhere where would it be? My first priority is mule deer. After that I would also like the opportunity for elk, antelope and some fishing. I am an almost predominant DIY archery hunter. I've looked into the way Montana Idaho and Wyoming do tags and they are somewhat similar. I do know Wyoming had no state Income tax so that's a definite plus. Any and all advice is definitely appreciated.

Thanks

Stephen

Wyoming is pretty good with the lack of income tax and such. Cost of living is somewhat high in Wyoming but not terrible. I had the option between prime elk country in Wyoming and Montana and I choose Montana. I like the bigger towns with more to do. Montana has income tax but no sales tax so its an added benefit. For fishing it is pretty hard to beat Montana. Anywhere in Montana, Idaho, or Wyoming is a pretty special place to live in my humble opinion. Good luck on your move.

Montana is awesome but I tell you I find myself envious of my WY friends sometimes. I have a buddy that shoots elk every year on public land within sight of a road and the pronghorn hunting is crazy there. You can shoot 2 bucks a year with leftover tags. I have hunted WY twice for antelope as a NR and would go every year if I could afford it.

IDAHO! Whitetail, elk, muledeer, moose, fishing. Access to Montana and Nevada.

I will never get my wife to agree to move there but a guy can dream.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back