Bear bait barrels

220yotekiller

I can put my bait barrel out in just a couple of weeks and I had a couple of questions about it. How big do you cut your holes so they can get the bait out? I am doing it on a pretty tight budget so I am planning on using a lot of popcorn and dog food, mebbie some sweet feed, that kind of thing. I have several gallons of fryer oil, should I put it into the barrel or on the ground in front of the barrel?

I cut mine about 4" vertically but 6-8" horizontally, i put a big stick dead center of hole. I bend my metal over and grind off any extreme edges

Our barrel has a 4-5 in. hole and we have a pic of a smaller bear that got his head into it, funny pic when he got it out.
We're going to try popcorn this year as well, with some fruity bear bait powder I found left over from a few years ago.

Our barrel has a 4-5 in. hole and we have a pic of a smaller bear that got his head into it, funny pic when he got it out.
We're going to try popcorn this year as well, with some fruity bear bait powder I found left over from a few years ago.
I cut a bigger hole in my barrel, not sure exact size but wish I was closer to this. Small bears love to get inside and they clean you out fast and when they get kinda stuck tend to wreck the lid getting back out

I know a lot of the theory on dumping grease on the ground around the barrel is that bears step in it and track it away from the bait leaving scent trails

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back