Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Banner Year For Grouse

I'm going to have to test that grouse recipe. Should have a fresh batch after this weekend.

It is the same in Northwest South Dakota. Not only for Sharp Tailed Grouse, but also Hungarian Partridge and even Sage Hens.

Finally went out and got a sharp this morning. I saw quite a few of them, but they're getting jumpy.

Hey! Don't start shooting grouse before I show up! I like to ground-pound.

Travis

Before you get to technical with recipes and such, this is the real reason to hunt grouse and bunnies. Butter and garlic are the only seasoning allowed, or you might as well eat a duck...

112_1687.jpg

Who is this Randy guy that wants to stomp all over my thread? Me and Travis came here on vacation from the Campfire at rancho's advice..

You guys are making me jealous.

The single animal I miss the most out of my time in the UP is grouse and we ate a lot of walleyes!

I would trade every Rooster I shoot in Iowa 2-1 for grouse!

176707_557689290400_8248855_o.jpg

Old picture. Back in 2010 when the grouse peaked in Kooch county Minnesota. 3 guys hunting about an hour.

shrap,

I'm trying to head to Downstream's place next weekend for sharptail. He hasn't really invited me but I plan on going anyway. Let me know if you'd like to show up as well.

Travis

shrap,

I decided I'm not asking Downstream or mtcurman anything. I'm just showing up. See you there.

Travis

Brookie,

Could you please make that picture bigger? I'd like to get a better look at the dog.

Thanks,
Travis

There are so many grouse this year, we need a dump truck to haul them...

image.jpeg

He is still healing up after the last beating he got for breaking a point...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back