ATV's out of control

All right Miller, I give up and you guys are right. The people at the TNF office were obviously mistaken or were trying to entrap me into violating the law. I am humbly asking your forgiveness and will never go off the forest roads again to get my elk. OR-Call them yerself tomorrow and kiss my ass. :p Have a nice day. LMAO.

Ten, Don't bother me. I'm not wasting my time playing your question answering games.

ringer, Confusing, isn't it? I'd believe the written regulations, not what anybody told me. Well, at least one AZ hunter now knows the regulations. cjcj is still maintaining that ATVs can go anywhere to retrieve big game and I bet 99.99 percent of the AZ ATV riders think so, too. If I lived in AZ I'd be making a lot of money betting on the ATV laws. :D

Hey Ringer,

Looks like you kinda got schooled on ATV regulations in the Tonto???? hump hump My guess is you should have worn a helmet on your ATV, then you would be able to remember what the written regulations actually say... |oo

Hey Ithica,
Are you keeping track of all the AZ boys who don't know the laws on ATV usage down there??? I think, so far, it is 100%..... |oo

Hey Ten,
Why is it that all you Fat-Assed ATV riders can't afford a copy of the free regulations? Why would I want to bother looking up ATV regs and exceptions for you? I know where I ride my ATV is legal. :eek: Cuz' I keep them here in the Valley on our deeded land. :D

If you really can't afford the a copy of the Free Regulations, maybe the next time you are in the sporting goods store, you can slip a copy into your purse , while the cashier isn't looking. :D ;)

EG-If you can pull your head out long enough to learn to read then open the link from Ithaca and read pages 4 and 5. 4 says that you can go off road to retreive legally taken big game on state lands. Page 5 says the same thing about most national forests but indicates a couple are closed and others will probably follow. Are you schooled yet? Learn to read before you open your mouth and insert your foot.

ringer, I believe off road travel to retrieve big game will eventually be prohibited, even in AZ where the hunters must be a real bunch of wimps! . Imagine thinking you have to have an ATV to bring out a deer or elk! Those AZ boys must be a bunch of pansies.

I can just hear them now, "Oh, officer, we needed all seven of the ATVs to bring out the coues deer and we had to bring our rifles in case a coyote attacked us. Some of us got lost on the way back to the road and that's why we're here. We weren't hunting. " :D

It is absolutely amazing that a bunch of whimpy little computer nerds can argue back and forth for hours about a point but when they actually see that they are wrong in writing they turn to name calling. Rather a cowardly act since I can't reach through this screen and rip your heads off. Any time you tough out of state boys want to kick a fat old mans ass then you can call me at 602-284-6453 and we will arrange a meeting. Bottom line is I jumped in here to point out that you were wrong and guess what-You are. Funny stuff.

ringer, any time you want to get off that ATV and do some chukar hunting in the Idaho hills with me just say so. I'd love to take you. After a day of that we can fight all you want, if you have any energy left. I wish you'd been with me today, we had a great hunt. :D

It ,
If there's one thing that's safe from ATV's it's gotta be chukars , damn birds try to kill you and then laugh at your efforts . Gotta love em .

ringer said:
EG-Are you saying that you know for a fact that the Tonto National Forest in units 5 and 6 do not allow going off road on an ATV to retreive your elk?

EG-If you can pull your head out long enough to learn to read then open the link from Ithaca and read pages 4 and 5. 4 says that you can go off road to retreive legally taken big game on state lands. Page 5 says the same thing about most national forests but indicates a couple are closed and others will probably follow. Are you schooled yet? Learn to read before you open your mouth and insert your foot.

Hey Ringer,
You are cracking me up. Have you ever thought about why the Tonto NATIONAL Forest is called that??? :rolleyes: You don't think because maybe it is Federal Lands??? Kinda funny how you tell me that you hunt in the TNF, and you know it is legal to go pick up game. I tell you that the AZGFD doesn't have jurisidiction on travel on Fed Lands, and then you think you somehow prove a point by referencing the AZGFD's regs that refer to STATE TRUST lands.... :D As stated earlier, ol' Ringer got schooled. hump

See how great this is? Even at your age, you can still learn something new, every day.... :cool: You might want to start saving your pennies so you can buy yourself one of those fancy Travel Maps from the TNF, as you obviously don't know the regulations of the area you hunt. |oo

Thanks for the education boys. I have been chukar hunting and bear hunting in Idaho. The birds didn't kill me but the bear hunt just about did. I haven't had this much fun for a long time. You hunt safe and stay off those muddy forest roads with those little 4x4 pickups now. I gotta go ride my ATV out to get the mail.

All right Miller, I give up and you guys are right. The people at the TNF office were obviously mistaken or were trying to entrap me into violating the law. I am humbly asking your forgiveness and will never go off the forest roads again to get my elk. OR-Call them yerself tomorrow and kiss my ass.
I didn't have a dog in the fight ringer, I was just posting an anwser to a comment you made.
Are you saying that you know for a fact that the Tonto National Forest in units 5 and 6 do not allow going off road on an ATV to retreive your elk? That is what I said and that is a fact. Call the TNS office here and ask them yourself. If you say it aint so enough times I'm sure the facts will change to fit your opinions.
It seems like your question was answered. I for one could give a shit what you do with this info., but I would hope if you had any sense you would find out what the regulation is since there seems to be a contradiction.
Bottom line is I jumped in here to point out that you were wrong and guess what-You are. Funny stuff.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: |oo

You are probably a good guy ringer, but it is apparent to me you don't know much about your state regs. (or at least not as much as you would like the rest of us "computer nerds" to think)

I said I talked to both agencies and one of those was Tonto National Forest where I hunt. Now, if the bitch was lying to me then that's that but I don't think she was since she put me on hold to ask her boss.
Good point. Glad I know how your reasoning works. :rolleyes:

Miller-Look at the post on the AZ cow elk in 5BS. Now that truck aint on a road and that is one of my favorite units and it is in the Tonto National Forest. Better call the federales and get them out to arrest those bad boys.

ringer said:
Better call the federales and get them out to arrest those bad boys.

Hey Ringer,
What is wrong with your fingers? Can't you dial the FS guys and turn in the "bad boys"? I think Miller has done more than enough by edjumacating you about the FACT you can't take ATVs off road in the Tonto NATIONAL Forest, for the most part. |oo You wuz' schooled..... hump

And by the way, where was that forum that you said "I had this same discussion on another board "? Sounds like you were spreading more wrong information on other forums??? :eek:

Oh, and welcome to "Sportsman's Issues".... ;)

Miller-Look at the post on the AZ cow elk in 5BS. Now that truck aint on a road and that is one of my favorite units and it is in the Tonto National Forest. Better call the federales and get them out to arrest those bad boys.
Well I looked at the pics again. I didn't see a road near the elk, but hell there could be a two-track that I can't see from that angle. I don't know if they broke the law or not.

Let's assume that they are not on a road. Does that substantiate your anything that you have written about the regulations in that area. Before you start whining about others acting like children, look in the mirror. You sound like a 5-year old with this "little Bobby did it, so why can't I"?

This seems pretty cut and dried. Did you see the link I provided from the FS web site specifically about the Tonto National Forest? Second sentence--
With two exceptions, travel off all National Forest System Roads is prohibited.
Hopefully you have read what the two exceptions are and you know they are not pertainent to game retrieval outside of two OHV areas.

I am wrong all the time, but at least I admit to it. Be a man, stand up and just say "I was mistaken". Not a big deal ass clown.

EG/IT, why don't you answer the questions about you own states regs???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: |oo |oo |oo

MTMILLER, it's not just roads, its ROUTES. |oo There's a difference. :eek:
OHV/ATVs can also be ridden on most forest routes (roads and trails ). State law requires you to be street legal to drive on any road maintained by a city, county or the state. This includes a state license plate (similar to your car or truck plate--not a title plate generally given to you when you buy a new ATV), insurance and you must be a licensed driver.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/tonto/faq/index.shtml#2

Miller,

This just further proves that ATVers dont know the rules and dont want to know the rules. They want to be able to maintain the size of that fat-ass and extra large gut...hunting shouldnt be about the experience, but about how close you can drive to an animal and how lazy you can be. Heaven forbid if hunting actually requires...oh no...some sort of physical exertion.

They're in serious denial and their reading/comprehension skills absolutely suck.

I havent seen a "schooling" like this for a long time...good job Miller, kind of hard to argue with the facts.

Back