Arctic blast

Texans invariably connote cold weather events with a food, fuel, and toilet paper run. A phenomena worsened by ERCOT.

Last edited:
Woke up at 2 am to crazy howling wind, turned on the porch light, it’s 10’ from the door to the edge, couldn’t see the 6x6 posts that hold up the porch at the edge. Heater started working intermittently sometime in the night, woke up at 6:30 am to cancelled school text for the kids, temp was 58 in the house. Wtf! New house , new heater unit. Looks like blocked intake maybe, got it working for now and back to 70 with the aid of a couple space heaters. Guys down there looking at it now. First snow day in 8-10 years for me.

On the bright side the only job I canceled was a Airbnb job. Lady is all hot to get it done so she can get it making income. she couldn’t believe we don’t work when it’s -35 out. Lol.

I thought about it, but the power requirements are pretty high. 240v 50 amp?

Yeah, something like that. The old owners of our house had a hot tub at some point so there was already some wiring in place that could be used. And a coworkers husband did the wiring for a couple bottles of wine and restaurant gift certificate.

Woke up at 2 am to crazy howling wind, turned on the porch light, it’s 10’ from the door to the edge, couldn’t see the 6x6 posts that hold up the porch at the edge. Heater started working intermittently sometime in the night, woke up at 6:30 am to cancelled school text for the kids, temp was 58 in the house. Wtf! New house , new heater unit. Looks like blocked intake maybe, got it working for now and back to 70 with the aid of a couple space heaters. Guys down there looking at it now. First snow day in 8-10 years for me.

On the bright side the only job I canceled was a Airbnb job. Lady is all hot to get it done so she can get it making income. she couldn’t believe we don’t work when it’s -35 out. Lol.
Supplemental wood heat is your friend.

Wisdom still leaves me from time to time. 🤣
It’s been quite a while since I’ve enjoyed doing any cowboy chit in the semi because of insurance and money and stuff, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t looking a little bit forward to this Friday morning drive to Indy through the storm in the most capable vehicle on the forum (2020 jeep gladiator) to try to catch a 8:30am flight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinerbt
Back