Yeti GOBOX Collection

Anyone seeing any rut action going on?

Nameless, I have seen more bucks (and does) in your HD than I have in the last 5 years. I found this guy pushing around about 20 does on Monday night.
Mule Deer AIL.png

Last edited:
Just got back from Nebraska. Rut had just started.
Had my nephew along for his first hunt ever. Weather was about 75 deg and dry dry dry. Figured the rut hadn't started yet.
First day, we saw a buck chasing a couple of does, then saw him charge at and grunt at another buck that came into the draw we were watching!
I told my nephew how cool this was. I have seen and heard grunts on tv shows, but never experienced it first hand.
He couldn't get a good shot, so that one got away.
Next morning we went back to the same spot, and this time Uncle Dana brought the antlers. Rattled a buck in within about 20 minutes, and he dropped
him with one shot. Not a trophy, but his first deer on his first hunt of any kind, ever. I was really happy for him.

System's go for this fella.

20161116_102328.jpg

I've been watching rutting deer since the first of November, and it's gotten better every day.

Things appeared to be heating up Sunday when I was out. Looking forward to 6 days of hunting starting Friday afternoon!

Back