Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Anyone from Grand Junction, CO area?

My wife and I have set a goal that in 2 years we are moving out of California and are leaning to the west slope, and like the Grand Junction area. If you are from there what are your thoughts on the area and the future of the local economy? I don't think the economy of many places are as bad where we are now( Inland Empire, California), so the point of recovery I would think will be better there than here in 2 years but it is hard to judge without being somewhere and seeing economic activity for yourself.

What do you all think of the future of this area as far as jobs and housing prices. Thanks for any insight.

Daniel

The economic downturn was delayed in GJ, but is now worse than the rest of the state. Home prices will not get lower than they are right now (I hope). Hard to say what it will be like in two years. It really depends on what line of work you are in.

First... tell us if you plan on moving here how you would vote in an election. If your Liberal you have to stay in CA, we've met the Liberal quota a long time ago. If your Conservative come on out ;)

Last out of 366....

Personal income shows growth in most of Central Valley

WASHINGTON, D.C.
August 9, 2011 6:04am

Just four of the nation’s 366 metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs) saw a decline in net personal income in 2010 compared to the year before, according to estimates released Tuesday by the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis.

Personal income in the metropolitan portion of the United States rose 2.9 percent in 2010 after falling 1.9 percent in 2009. Personal income growth in 2010 ranged from 10.1 percent in Elizabethtown, Ky., to -0.9 percent in Grand Junction, Colo.

http://www.centralvalleybusinesstimes.com/stories/001/?ID=19075

Western CO is a great area.

What stage of life are you in? Still working, independently wealthy, or retired?

If you're a working guy, there are some good paying jobs, but not a lot. If you're wealthy or retired, or both, there are lots of those as well.

I bought a house one year ago, thinking the market was at the bottom, I was wrong.

First... tell us if you plan on moving here how you would vote in an election. If your Liberal you have to stay in CA, we've met the Liberal quota a long time ago. If your Conservative come on out ;)

Conservative all the way here. I own a small plumbing company with the only employee being me right now, yeah that small. My wife is the manager of a branch of a credit union. I don't depend on new building to keep me going, mostly repairs, remodels, stuff that always needs to be done even during a slow economy, at least that is how it has been here. Thanks for the input guys, please keep any comments coming.

Daniel

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back