Yeti GOBOX Collection

Antelope...Lets See Them!!!

During my muzzleloader Pronghorn hunt I came across this buck. I had already filled my tag and was searching for a doe.

View attachment 296103

I think he must have been stuck during the archery season prior to my muzzleloader hunt. He had an infection that was oozing down his shoulder, though it didn't really seem to slow him down any.

He was by himself and not really in any hurry to go anywhere, but he was able to run off when I got out of my truck and started walking towards him.

What are your thoughts? Do you think it was a bad archery shot, an injury from another buck, or something else altogether?
I'm not qualified in the slightest to comment on this... But isn't that why we're all here!.... my gut reaction is archery wound

During my muzzleloader Pronghorn hunt I came across this buck. I had already filled my tag and was searching for a doe.

View attachment 296103

I think he must have been stuck during the archery season prior to my muzzleloader hunt. He had an infection that was oozing down his shoulder, though it didn't really seem to slow him down any.

He was by himself and not really in any hurry to go anywhere, but he was able to run off when I got out of my truck and started walking towards him.

What are your thoughts? Do you think it was a bad archery shot, an injury from another buck, or something else altogether?

I shot a mule deer buck a couple years ago in 4th rifle season with a very similar wound, I also think he'd been shot during one of the earlier rifle or archery seasons. There was no external sign of the wound on the side I was looking at when I shot but his off side had a big open wound, and when I skinned him off i found a 2" diameter hole clean through the top half of his backstrap above the shoulder blade, filled with pus and infection.

tempImage23KtnQ.jpg
9DEEC8C8-97E0-4963-A15B-CF9E4E82B0E4_1_201_a.jpeg

Just got back from taking my neighbor on his first pronghorn hunt in Wyoming
For a first timer, he held out for a pretty good oneIMG_6055.jpegI was not as patient when I saw this one that was wider than any of the others we saw
IMG_6048.jpeg
For fuel savings, we took the wife’s explorer instead of my 250. I sent her this pic as we headed to town!
IMG_6078.jpeg

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back