Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

A Summer of Moose and Mosquitoes

Fueling up the pickup and hunter, then on the road for ten days of trying to locate a good bull. I think I set the record for gear shoved in a camper.

I'll be back down Sunday to resupply and pick up Minnesota Hunter, and will try to update then. Kaitum is there through the weekend, then various hunt talkers will be joining in on the festivities throughout the week.

Wish us luck!

Fueling up the pickup and hunter, then on the road for ten days of trying to locate a good bull. I think I set the record for gear shoved in a camper.

I'll be back down Sunday to resupply and pick up Minnesota Hunter, and will try to update then. Kaitum is there through the weekend, then various hunt talkers will be joining in on the festivities throughout the week.

Wish us luck!

Computer jockys don't camp. Good luck!

Good luck. Hope you find a whopper close to the road with lots of help nearby.

This last day of work is KILLING me!! Some quality family time tonight and tomorrow, and I am heading to the airport.

As for the airport, I will require a sign with my name on it and Cold Smoke to drink while I pray Delta's baggage handlers didn't destroy my bow.....

There have been some epic reads the last couple of weeks. I have a feeling that this will be also.

Best of luck!

Friday ended up mainly being a camp set up day. It was cold, foggy and rainy. I did sneak out for a short afternoon/evening hunt, but with being by myself it was mainly driving around talking to elk hunters. I met Kaitum back at camp that night, ready to go in the morning.

Saturday was much the same weather-wise, and I figured it was best spent covering as much ground as possible, helping him get the lay of the land and hoping to cross country off the list. The majority of the day was spent looking at beautiful, mooseless country.

For the last hour of light we decided to call at the head of a canyon that was great habitat, and then slowly work our way down the road in the bottom of the canyon. About half way down we started hearing obvious grunts. It took us forever to locate the bull. We both agreed he was on the ridge above the creek, some 400-500 yards away. I was shocked when Kaitum finally located the bull, maybe 200 yards from us right in the creek bed. I still have no idea why he was grunting so quiet.

The last half hour of light was a mad scramble trying to get a clear a shooting lane at a reasonable distance, with no luck. At times I was within 100 yards of him, but the burnt creek bottom was just too thick. It was frustrating.

Best I could tell he was maybe 40" wide, with single brows and narrow paddles. Not a giant moose, but big enough considering the low moose density in the unit.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back