A second chance at elk

MThuntr

Looks like I managed to get a second chance at an elk. I got home and there was a letter from FWP stating I was picked for a local damage hunt. I have til Feb 15 to seal the deal. :hump:

Sweet news. I signed up this year for GMU 315. Not sure if I'll hear anything but I know the ranchers want them gone. Good luck man. This cold snap has them a little freaked out right now.

Awesome - good luck! That is my birthday, so give me a present that day, and post a pic of a nice hero shot with you and your elk!

>>>I plan to throw a few hundy at one of these CO vouchures, see what this gets ya, and have another chance at elk too. Happy Friday and congrats.

Very nice! I put in for the damage hunt, but no luck yet.

I went into FWP this morning and got the official "damage hunt" B tag...I'm good to go on 2 cows. I'll be happy with 1. I guess these guys are having a tough time with the elk since the neighbors won't let people hunt.

I went into FWP this morning and got the official "damage hunt" B tag...I'm good to go on 2 cows. I'll be happy with 1. I guess these guys are having a tough time with the elk since the neighbors won't let people hunt.

They gave you permits for two of them?? That's great for you, seems a little weird that some people who want one will go without, and one person has two in his hand.....

Are they transferrable:)LOL

I was able to buy a special damage control hunt license for 380 in August. I could have legally filled my A tag and the extra license on cows and/or a spike.

They gave you permits for two of them?? That's great for you, seems a little weird that some people who want one will go without, and one person has two in his hand.....

Are they transferrable:)LOL

I didn't think you could get 2 in damage hunts but the letter says I can purchase a damage B tag plus use my unused general license. These 2 must be anterless. If I had filled any other tag prior to now I could only get 1 as the regs dictate you may only have 2 elk.

Elk B - Management Hunt. Only good for the dates you are given to hunt. In my case it was August 22 thru 26. No I did not fill it as no elk were coming down to the alfalfa fields they wanted us hunting and the handful of elk down on the river bottom were pushed out by morons that didn't know what they were doing and ruined everyone else's opportunity.

i was wondering if anyone ever gets damge hunts, i am on thelist for unit 410 #4 position, i have been in the top 10 couple times and never got called,,, just wondering,,,

300stw this is actually my second damage i've been selected for. I got a 410 hunt 2 or 3 years ago...pre archery season hunt. 95 degrees all day and I spent 4 days hunting without a sighting. Even got a little heat exhaustion.

I didn't hunt yesterday due to the cold but I grabbed my gear and went out this morning. It was miserably windy and began to snow. I found a pile of mule deer and a couple good bucks. no elk to be seen.

i was wondering if anyone ever gets damge hunts, i am on thelist for unit 410 #4 position, i have been in the top 10 couple times and never got called,,, just wondering,,,

I drew one last year but the same as others, I got an area where the rancher said he hadn't seen any elk for a week, im number one on the list in my district but with an elk already down I probably wouldn't take another tag. However my brother is number 2 so if I turn it down it goes to him so at least its in the family.

I drew one last year but the same as others, I got an area where the rancher said he hadn't seen any elk for a week, im number one on the list in my district but with an elk already down I probably wouldn't take another tag. However my brother is number 2 so if I turn it down it goes to him so at least its in the family.
Lots ot sweat and effort put out on damage hunts? By definition aren't these on private land? I didn't realize this was that kind of site did you? :rolleyes:

I thought this was a site for the public land hunter who earns their animals with sweat and effort instead of orange post and no trespassing signs? Not a judgment, just a thought.

I didn't think you could get 2 in damage hunts but the letter says I can purchase a damage B tag plus use my unused general license. These 2 must be anterless. If I had filled any other tag prior to now I could only get 1 as the regs dictate you may only have 2 elk.

Ah, that makes sense. Good luck.

Lots ot sweat and effort put out on damage hunts? By definition aren't these on private land? I didn't realize this was that kind of site did you? :rolleyes:

OH IN THE FACE!!! Haha Caught in my own words and no comeback.:eek:
Would it make it any better if I remind you that its on somebody elses land that by law must be open to the public to hunt?

picture.php

OH IN THE FACE!!! Haha Caught in my own words and no comeback.:eek:
Would it make it any better if I remind you that its on somebody elses land that by law must be open to the public to hunt?
Only if it makes you feel better. :D How about we all just consider this as a "hunting" site, regardless of landownership and/or if one is guided/outfitted/transported?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fred Powell Sr
Back