Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

A good day to die

Ben Lamb

HB 285 - 1-9 - tabled
HB 261 - 5-5 - tabled
SB 390 - Tabled
SB 400 - 10-10 - Tabled

Expect a blast motion on SB 400. Probably tomorrow. They have to get 60 votes in order to blast it on the Floor.

All Dems voted no, with Representative Phillips leading the charge against. Representatives Kennedy, Yates and Connell voted no. After what seemed like an eternity, Representative Flynn voted no. It was Representative Flynn's bold move that turned the tide in committee. Please take a moment and thank him for stepping outside of his profession, and listening to Montanans. Representative Flynn is an outfitter and a rancher, but has been one of the most approachable Reps this session. We have not always agreed with him on the issues, but he has always been above reproach.

About 20 folks showed up today to combat the bad bills. Those folks made the difference.

Those groups were:
Conrad Sportsmens' Assocaition
Ravalli County Fish and Wildlife Association
Headwaters Sportsmens Association
Montana Bowhunters Association
Montana Wildlife Federation

The local groups, and statewide groups again show up for hunters.

HB 285 - 1-9 - tabled
HB 261 - 5-5 - tabled
SB 390 - Tabled
SB 400 - 10-10 - Tabled

Expect a blast motion on SB 400. Probably tomorrow. They have to get 60 votes in order to blast it on the Floor.

All Dems voted no, with Representative Phillips leading the charge against. Representatives Kennedy, Yates and Connell voted no. After what seemed like an eternity, Representative Flynn voted no. It was Representative Flynn's bold move that turned the tide in committee. Please take a moment and thank him for stepping outside of his profession, and listening to Montanans. Representative Flynn is an outfitter and a rancher, but has been one of the most approachable Reps this session. We have not always agreed with him on the issues, but he has always been above reproach.

About 20 folks showed up today to combat the bad bills. Those folks made the difference.

Those groups were:
Conrad Sportsmens' Assocaition
Ravalli County Fish and Wildlife Association
Headwaters Sportsmens Association
Montana Bowhunters Association
Montana Wildlife Federation

The local groups, and statewide groups again show up for hunters.

Also some "individuals" non affiliated and afilliated w/ other MT sportsmens groups...just to give credit where credit is also due.... We Are Making A Hell Of A Difference.

Thanks Again, Ben

Sent emails out to our 4 Reps. looking for help should a blast attempt happen.

Thanks to all the went. It was a good day.

Ben you deserve the biggest thanks! The info and direction you have provided has been priceless. I am certain some of these bad bill would not have died had you not been on the job. Thanks buddy!

Also some "individuals" non affiliated and afilliated w/ other MT sportsmens groups...just to give credit where credit is also due.... We Are Making A Hell Of A Difference.

Thanks Again, Ben

Absolutely. Forgot also to add Russell Country Sportsmen - If you live in Great Falls and are looking for a local group to join, these are the guys.

Onpoint was there, as were others who were unaffiliated. Forgot to mention even SCI showed up against HB 285.

Thousands of emails and phone calls, personal visits are making their impacts felt.

Too bad I never get to testify in favor of a bill. ;)

Absolutely. Forgot also to add Russell Country Sportsmen - If you live in Great Falls and are looking for a local group to join, these are the guys.

Onpoint was there, as were others who were unaffiliated. Forgot to mention even SCI showed up against HB 285.

Thousands of emails and phone calls, personal visits are making their impacts felt.

Too bad I never get to testify in favor of a bill. ;)

I did not testify...and was of no use but to heckle and throw rotting vegetables. Was actually there as part of Headwaters....so :eek: not worth mentioning me, Ben....

region 6 and refion 7 MBA guys have callouses on their fingers and ears from e mailing and calling. We think were doing good..

All groups are doing some great work. Ben has done an amazing job coordinating the groups, as disconnected and indpendent as we all are.

Only about two more weeks, and hopefully no special session where more back door deals can be made to wipe out some of our victories.

Thanks for the work all have done. The outcome to this session, though damaging, is far less than I could have ever expected with the bill transmitals were made in early January.

Back