A 50 cal Flint Lock and Bear hunt

DaveHawk

well I hope to nail one this year. I had a customer in the shop yesterday and we got to talking about hunting. He told me he had Bear, turkey and deer on his place about 2 hours away in the Va Mt's and I could come hunt anytime. He said the bears had eaten all his chickens and are running all over and he would like to see me get one of the big boys out of there. I told him no problem. So I need to take a ride.
Anyone ever take a bear with a Flint Lock ?

I had a buddy kill a black bear with a 20" skull on an elk hunt with a 50 cal inline. Died within 50 yards from a double lung shot. He shot it at 30 yards.

Wasn't it yer brother Mike that killed a bear once with a muzz ?

Never have killed one myself wit ha muzz but know people that have. Give them HECK !!!

bear with a muzzy

killed bears before with inlines and absolutley love the hunting seasons for them here in VA. did have a VERY close call last season last day of bear bow season with a 400+ lb bear that didn't like me walking in his woods. lot of people over look the awesome hunting avaliable on these public lands if you put in the extra effort and spend your time getting to know the woods, trick is get your hunt in early cause once them deer dog hunters hit the woods you ain't got a chance of one walking by the stand.

thats a win win situation, you either get a bear or some yard bird either way you go home with dinner!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jjoner
Back