6.5 PRC Christensen Arms Mesa Vs Browning X-bolt Hells canyon

I am thinking of getting a 6.5 PRC in a Christensen Arms Mesa or a browning Hells canyon long range. One of my friends has a hells canyon and loves it. But i have also heard that the christensen arms is a great rifle. the only thing bad i have head is that their bolt is sloppy. i haven't heard anything bad yet about the hells canyon. Just wondering if anyone has any input or experience with these two rifles?
When I walk into Scheels I see many, many Christensens on the used and returned shelf. They have a reputation for poor quality control. If you get a good one, awesome, but there seems to be just as many lemons out there with them too.

Have a friend with a hells canyon speed in 7 rem and it is a fantastic gun.

When I walk into Scheels I see many, many Christensens on the used and returned shelf. They have a reputation for poor quality control. If you get a good one, awesome, but there seems to be just as many lemons out there with them too.

Have a friend with a hells canyon speed in 7 rem and it is a fantastic gun.
I’ve noticed the same. The used rack is dominated by Christensen with quite a few Bergaras as well. They’re popular and the flavor of the month so I get why they’re being traded in often, but I wouldn’t buy one myself.

My dad has a Hell’s Canyon in .308 that I wasn’t sure about when he bought it, but I really like it after shooting it quite a bit to develop a load for it. It shoots 165 Accubonds and ballistic tips very well. I’ve even borrowed it to hunt with myself.

Or get a T3X in whatever factory or aftermarket stock you prefer. That’s my official recommendation.

Before you buy anything make sure you check out the new Browning X Bolt 2. They are supposed to be arriving at dealers this month. New adjustable stock on synthetic models like the Speed and Speed LR, also adjustable trigger. I just picked up my 6.5 PRC yesterday. I can't wait to get on optic mounted and to the range.

Here is a link to a review by Brady Miller of Go-Hunt.

Last edited:
Before you buy anything make sure you check out the new Browning X Bolt 2. They are supposed to be arriving at dealers this month. New adjustable stock on synthetic models like the Speed and Speed LR, also adjustable trigger. I just picked up my 6.5 PRC yesterday. I can't wait to get on optic mounted and to the range.

Here is a link to a review by Brady Miller of Go-Hunt.
Here is another.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back