Caribou Gear Tarp

358 winchester factory ammo

MS 9x56

I was checking ammo availability in my LGS and was shocked to find 5 new boxes of 358 win with 200 grain spitzer bullets fro Hornady on the shelf. Elation turned to horror when I turned the box over and saw the price sticker $75.00. These are the first factory offerings I have seen in 10 years. Discussing with store clerk I realized that despite owning a 358 for over 30 years I had never used new factory ammo!!!. I do have 4 boxes of winchester silver tips 2 each in 200 grain and 250 grain that I bought at a gun show years ago at $10 a box. Anyone here seen any new ammo in 358 winchester?

I was checking ammo availability in my LGS and was shocked to find 5 new boxes of 358 win with 200 grain spitzer bullets fro Hornady on the shelf. Elation turned to horror when I turned the box over and saw the price sticker $75.00. These are the first factory offerings I have seen in 10 years. Discussing with store clerk I realized that despite owning a 358 for over 30 years I had never used new factory ammo!!!. I do have 4 boxes of winchester silver tips 2 each in 200 grain and 250 grain that I bought at a gun show years ago at $10 a box. Anyone here seen any new ammo in 358 winchester?

LOL, that sounds affordable, my 6.5PRC Accubond LRs are $84/box and my .257wby TTSX are $112/box on the shelf if I go the factory route...

Seems like a decent price, you’re not going to do much better than that. Factory ammo available online right now at Midway $70/box

Seasonal runs are ripe for price gouging. If you don’t buy it when you see it, it may be years before you see it again.

Have had the same gut punch as you recently.

375 Win ammunition (if it were actually available) runs $91.99 a box and $94.99 per box. Brutal.

Good news is it’s not overly enjoyable to rip off more than a few rounds at a time.

The problem is the ammunition companies used to be affiliated with gun manufacturers and so shared the same clientele and market interests. Now both the gun manufactures and ammo manufacturers are owned by conglomerates that are only driven by profits and market share. We are not all on the same side anymore, and when that happens the consumer always loses. If you think the government is looking out for use you are badly mistaken. The only time government wants to intervene is when the trust interferes with them getting their palms greased.

The problem is the ammunition companies used to be affiliated with gun manufacturers and so shared the same clientele and market interests. Now both the gun manufactures and ammo manufacturers are owned by conglomerates that are only driven by profits and market share. We are not all on the same side anymore, and when that happens the consumer always loses. If you think the government is looking out for use you are badly mistaken. The only time government wants to intervene is when the trust interferes with them getting their palms greased.

Reactions: stk
Bingo. It doesn't matter which party. They are both scumbags.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back