MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2nd Marriage

Zim

Well after a 20 year train wreck of a marriage, followed by 10 years of extremely diligent shopping, I am married again. I am 56 and her 51. Very rare for any marriages here past age 50, much less involving a foreigner. Tied the knot in Chengdu, China. Just back from Thailand honeymoon. Fang & I met in Milwaukee 3 years ago when she was on a one year teaching assignment. Attached is our official government marriage photo.

Took a long time, but finally got it right.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,043
Last edited:
Good luck to Mr. and Mrs. Zim.

Oh I guess she better know her real new name was Mrs. Zim! Haven't told her yet. Kind of funny I've been tracked down in the middle of nowhere out west and had folks immediately call me my handle named when they see my IL plate.

CONGRATS!!!!!! Hope you don't mind me saying "She's gorgeous".

I'm 57 so there's still hope for me :)

It's amazing the high percentage of gorgeous women there are in China & Thailand. Even the older ones. You know during my trip so far since January 23rd I've seen thousands and thousands of people and I swear only ONE noticeably obese, that was a teenage boy. It's like turning back the clock to the 1960's USA prior to the fast food chain explosion. And for older women to get married is not standard. A single older man will take a young wife. So Fang's family is very happy she found a guy near her age to wed. I asked, and none know any couple that wed in their 50's.

The only fast food chains I've seen here are McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut, and Starbucks (if you want to call that fast food). And there are VERY limited numbers of these. Perhaps two of each in Fang's city of 400,000. I did see my first Subway here this year and thought that was cool. The people here eat lots of vegetables but not enough raw.

Hmmm. Just noticed in the last three years I found more wives than Ive drawn hunting tags. In 120 applications with 300+ points.

After Fang retires next year, she will live here 9 months per year, and at her Sichuan condo the other three months. I'll fly there to spend a few weeks during that time. Which three months each year will depend on what tags I've drawn. They will be ~Sept to December, at which time I'll have a free hall pass for hunting, including a ton of whitetail days every November.

Did you have to give a gift (money) to the father of the bride or has that tradition run its course. I like to raz my co-workers about this but mostly we talk about food and the differences between our countries.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back