Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

.243 Rifle

I picked up a Remington 700 Boone and Crocket beautiful wood and a fluted barrel. I bid and one it at a fundraiser auction. I was actually just planning to get the bidding going but I ended up taking it home. I did it just for the cause but it ended up as one of my favorite guns. I am looking for a youth model for my wife and daughter now.

Sako Forester inherited from my Dad with a 4x12 Leupold I put on it. It's a beautiful and accurate rifle with factory ammo, but I'm reloading 33 grains of IMR 4064 behind 100 grain Hornady BTSPs. Deer and antelope go down with no problem out to pretty good distances, especially antelope and small crittters way out there.

Attachments

• .243 Sako 002.JPG
    .243 Sako 002.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 488
Thanks for all the input everyone. Zach, I have a 7mm-08 and a .257 Roberts, sweet little guns. I think he's leaning towards the Winchester 70 Classic Compact. Were going to have a look around Denver this afternoon, see whats in stock.

Thanks for all the input everyone. Zach, I have a 7mm-08 and a .257 Roberts, sweet little guns. I think he's leaning towards the Winchester 70 Classic Compact. Were going to have a look around Denver this afternoon, see whats in stock.

If you don't find anything up North, you might give Specialty Sports down in Co Springs a call. I was there Friday and they had lots of rifles.

Winchester .243. It kills deer like no other (elk too). But, I wouldn't buy another one unless I also planned on buying a different trigger to replace the factory one. The trigger sucks.

Attachments

• IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 489
There are lots of good rifles out there. It just depends on how much money you want to spend. I would look real hard at the Savage Predator Hunter. That looks like a great gun to me. I wish that I had one in .260.

Back