Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

2024 Nevada Draw Results

David Gough

Applications are in. Now we wait.

How many points do you have?

Hoping for a specific tag?

Show some photos from prior Nevada hunts. Here are a couple great days from last year:

Doubled up out of the same flock in the ice.
swans.jpg

Opening day buck. "Goofy" was hard to photograph.
pronghorn.jpg

These two men made camp a hoot! @NVLongbow
hooligans.jpg

This year I'm only in for points as I plan to devote all my time to filling the desert bighorn tag I was allowed to defer to this year because of this.
LQ6UCnDm.jpg

In Oct. my son and I will be going to AZ to help my brother with the cow elk tag he drew this year. (y)
I had a bull elk tag last year but that's when I broke my darn ankle 🤬 I don't think I'll apply for bull elk again because I'm in a waiting period until 2031 at which point I'll be 69 years old. 👴
Point balance- antelope - 5
cow elk - 2
deer - 5
mtn goat - 18
Some pics from the last few years.
wIi3dp6m.jpg

Xly9on5m.jpg

lNu7nuVm.jpg

92dRKupm.jpg

8X9LMcWm.jpg

In for local antelope and deer this year. I've been fortunate.

I have my desert ram. I've let all but my elk points lapse. I did buy a cow and bull point this year.

From here on out it will be deer, antelope, hopefully elk an predators.

My health is not which is good for hunting sheep or goat.

This year I'm only in for points as I plan to devote all my time to filling the desert bighorn tag I was allowed to defer to this year because of this.
LQ6UCnDm.jpg

In Oct. my son and I will be going to AZ to help my brother with the cow elk tag he drew this year. (y)
I had a bull elk tag last year but that's when I broke my darn ankle 🤬 I don't think I'll apply for bull elk again because I'm in a waiting period until 2031 at which point I'll be 69 years old. 👴
Point balance- antelope - 5
cow elk - 2
deer - 5
mtn goat - 18
Some pics from the last few years.
wIi3dp6m.jpg

Xly9on5m.jpg

lNu7nuVm.jpg

92dRKupm.jpg

8X9LMcWm.jpg
Not many times you know you'll have a tag before the draw. Don't count out elk after your waiting period...some good bulls get killed in Nevada on flat ground every year.

I put in. Nevada has been good to me.

This is going on 17 years. I've drawn:
-antelope buck rifle
-late mule deer buck rifle
-late bull elk rifle
-desert bighorn ewe

All hunts were amazing and successful. The country I hunted varied somewhere between pretty desolate to a feeling that I may as well have been on the moon.

My draw success has been staggered, so I've got 7 antelope points, 5 deer points, waiting period for elk and 16 ram points.

I may have used up all my NV luck, but am hoping for a desert ram tag before I'm 80. I have 40 years left.

Last edited:
Put in for everything except bull elk and desert sheep which I’m in a waiting period on those . Have 9 antelope points so crossing my fingers on that one. I’ve drawn some pretty great tags over the years. At least if I don’t draw I have a cow bison hunt on the Crow reservation in Montana in July. Pretty excited about that

I put in. Nevada has been good to me.

This is going on 17 years. I've drawn:
-antelope buck rifle
-late mule deer buck rifle
-late bull elk rifle
-desert bighorn ewe

All hunts were amazing and successful. The country I hunted varied somewhere between pretty desolate to a feeling that I may as well have been on the moon.

My draw success has been staggered, so I've got 7 antelope points, 5 deer points, waiting period for elk and 16 ram points.

I may have used up all my NV luck, but am hoping for a desert ram tag before I'm 80. I have 40 years left.
Some of those pronghorn hunts definitely feel like you're on the moon.

Put in for everything except bull elk and desert sheep which I’m in a waiting period on those . Have 9 antelope points so crossing my fingers on that one. I’ve drawn some pretty great tags over the years. At least if I don’t draw I have a cow bison hunt on the Crow reservation in Montana in July. Pretty excited about that
Nine for pronghorn? Ouch. Sounds like you're due.

Ive been applying in NV for 14 years and have 12 points for D A and E. When I first started applying it looked like I would be able to draw a upper level Antelope tag in 5-8 years. Those same tags for me now will be much longer if ever. Looking at lower end units and the best I can come up with is 30 percents odds for a unit I'm not excited about.

I see so many new applicants entering the draw system in NV and I cant help but feeling the only one benefiting from them is the NDOW.

Ive been applying in NV for 14 years and have 12 points for D A and E. When I first started applying it looked like I would be able to draw a upper level Antelope tag in 5-8 years. Those same tags for me now will be much longer if ever. Looking at lower end units and the best I can come up with is 30 percents odds for a unit I'm not excited about.

I see so many new applicants entering the draw system in NV and I cant help but feeling the only one benefiting from them is the NDOW.
I wonder how many new entrants realize how bad the odds are. For any of the hunts that I’m interested in, if I apply for the next 20yrs, my highest odds will be antelope with single digit draw odds. If you know that going in, and you’re still applying in the other states that you want to hunt, then by all means knock yourself out. If you can’t decide if you should enter ID, WY, MT, CO, AZ, or NV, well…save NV for last.

Thank your local influencer too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrturtle
Back