Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2015 Deer

Doug in Idaho

It's taken me almost a month to get these pictures from my brother and get around to posting this. We had a great time hunting deer this year. I'd had chances at several nice deer earlier in the season and had screwed it up or things just didn't happen like I needed them to make it happen. The last couple days of the season I talked my brother and my Dad into coming along for a horse ride while me and my buddy Abe hunted. Lucked into this buck on the last day. One of those times that things get bigger as you walk up to them as it happened so fast I hadn't really looked at his antlers much before I pulled the trigger and wasn't expecting much. He's got some cool points on the left with the acorn point and a cheater on the right. The mass and the eye guards are a nice bonus. The more I look at him still, the better I like him.

PART95144573653554095102415090495HDR.jpg 1024150902e_HDR.jpg 1024150902a_HDR.jpg 1024150902d_HDR.jpg 1024150928_HDR.jpg

My new pack worked great this year. The load lifters are the best I've tried so far and it was fun to have the old man along for a few days of deer huntingIMGP0365.JPG

Attachments

• IMGP0367.JPG
    IMGP0367.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 578
Hunting with a buddy and a brother and your dad, then getting a very very cool buck, plus having a horse around to help do the packout - sounds like a perfect hunt to me. Congrats!

Nice buck. While cleaning him did you notice anything unusual about his testes? I was wondering what might have caused the acorn and other cool attributes.

Nice buck. While cleaning him did you notice anything unusual about his testes? I was wondering what might have caused the acorn and other cool attributes.

Didn't notice any issues. I just assumed that he damaged the left side while it was still in the velvet. The point that has the acorn looking tip looked like it was "mushroomed" down into itself and I figured he had damaged the other 2 points on the left at the same time and broke them off then.

Back