2014 Bull

7MAG

Found this guy running a fence line on the wrong side of the fence which was private. He was looking like he wanted to cross over to my side of things and I figured I knew where he'd hop on over. I dropped my pack and sprinted a mile and half on the opposite side of a ridge running down the fence line to cut him off. When I got where I wanted to be I thought I'd missed him as there was nothing in sight. I waited a bit and was just getting ready to start the hike back to my pack when I saw a nice rack making it's way down the fence line. I was perched on a little hilltop just above a narrow wooded draw. I had the cross hairs good and set as I watched him step over the fence. I gave him a few steps for good measure and then brought the thunder.

Attachments

• IMG_8634.jpg
    IMG_8634.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 678
  • IMG_9323.jpg
    IMG_9323.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 680
Congrats. Happy to see that. Hope it was an easy pack to the truck. Now, if the rest of the hunters in your "camp" would start hunting and not work all the time, more elk could hit the ground.

Congrats. Happy to see that. Hope it was an easy pack to the truck. Now, if the rest of the hunters in your "camp" would start hunting and not work all the time, more elk could hit the ground.

Never an easy pack back to the truck by yourself, but could have been much worse! :cool: I'll keep working on dragging the rest of the "camp" here away from the shop and out to the mountains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back