Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2013 total Deer harvest numbers for Indiana. . .

About as bad a browse line as I have every seen. Beings that it's pretty flat, there's quite a few places one could shoot way over 100yds, from the ground and in the woods! Mind you, much of this is mature timber, some of which may border on being virgin.

I need to get over and check that out.

I would hunt Eagle Creek! I see deer over there everytime I drive to Indy. They have a browse line? I remember in Brown County years ago . .we would take our horses down for the weekend and the deer were in bad shape . .and the browse line was unlike anything Ive ever seen. It was a slaughter those first few years. . the deer were so use to being feed by people they would just walk right up to you. . .not a very sporting hunt I'm sure.

I lived in the APTs on the west side of EC when I first got out of college and even then (91-93) the amount of deer was incredible. I tell you where the spot to be is.....if you could get permission to hunt on a couple of the farms just north of the Golf course on the Marion Co side of Raceway. In that whole Golf course area I have seen huge herds of deer. That would be fun :)

I lived in the APTs on the west side of EC when I first got out of college and even then (91-93) the amount of deer was incredible. I tell you where the spot to be is.....if you could get permission to hunt on a couple of the farms just north of the Golf course on the Marion Co side of Raceway. In that whole Golf course area I have seen huge herds of deer. That would be fun :)
Plus it'd be in the urban zone allowing the taking of 2 bucks/year. I can only imagine how hard permission would be or expensive the lease would be...

Yep, I bet there are some deep pockets lined up to offer $$$. Given the size of the herd I would think the farmers would want to clear some out but with todays money-based world they also see the profit.
It was great living over there, I could walk down to the lake and fish on my days off and had a great view as I lived on the second floor looking right onto ECR. :)

Back