Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2013 MT buck

leadingedge

Well the short and sweet of it is, Dad and I went out a day early and scouted our normal hunting grounds. We have seen a very significant drop in deer numbers in the area we hunt and things were very tough. Dad shot a nice little 6X5 opening morning and two days later I caught this guy at first light trying to sneak back to his hidey hole. I figured that with him being only the third four point I has seen in three days and the fact that he would be my widest buck ever taken, I shouldn't let him pass. As usual had a great time with the old man, never get tired of spending time with him in the outdoors. On to elk and a couple doe tags. Best of luck on the rest of the season boys and girls.
Brian

Attachments

• 2013 buck compact.jpg
    2013 buck compact.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 893
Love how wide he is, congrats to you and your dad.

Like you, I too enjoy hunting with my dad and plan to do so as much as possible.

Thanks guys for the comments, and you're right getting a decent buck is great but being able to spend time with man that taught you how to hunt is worth more than anything in the world. Cherish the time you have with you're loved ones, we all wont be here forever, make it count.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back