Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

2010 Mule buck

jore07

Got my first deer of the season last night. Not a record setter but this is actually my personal best to date. It should provide plenty of meat for the freezer and a nice hat rack as well.

Hopefully you all like the pictures as much as I do.

Attachments

• DSC01520.jpg
    DSC01520.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 414
  • DSC01521.jpg
    DSC01521.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 419
Here is a couple more photos.

Attachments

• DSC01522.jpg
    DSC01522.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 405
  • DSC01523.jpg
    DSC01523.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 404
So..... YAh, That is a nice buck and I don't want to take away from the best buck you've ever taken and a great hunt but the picture,you can call me a wuss but I don't like it. And the question was if we liked the picture.

I am not the best picture taker either, but personally, I don't like looking at a Picture like that dripping with Blood. I understand that kills get Gory and hands get bloody and thats all part of the gig, but when I take a picture I (personally) take a few extra seconds to clean up the picture knowing I'm gonig to show my non hunting friends and my wife as well.

I do want to say Congrats on the deer, but as far as liking the Pictures, I'm not a fan.

No hard feelings. I was kind of thinking the same thing when I posted them. I did my best to clean it up but used the water I had to rinse him out and cool everything down. Didn't really notice the blood and what not until it was too late.

Thanks for, what I saw it as, constructive criticism. Sorry to all I may have offended

YAh, don't mix up my dissing yer bloody pictures as being offended ;) Anyone one that stays on hunting boards over a month or two doesn't get offended, I think I might qualify on that... :D

We've had that conversation on pictures here and in other places many a time. We've also had the talk about smiling in the pictures. I sure couldn't argue you were happy out hunting, the Smile does show 100%. Thats what it's about Hombre' !!

Congrats again and next year when you kill a bigger buck, I'm looking forward to seeing yer new and improved photo taking ability. :p

So a side question, Do you slit the throat ? We never do that but I know a bunch of people do. I might have to start a side threat asking about that. I don't want to take away from your success any more then I already did.

Great buck!

If you have some sort of photo software for reducing red eye, it can be used to erase blood in pic.

No hard feelings. I was kind of thinking the same thing when I posted them. I did my best to clean it up but used the water I had to rinse him out and cool everything down. Didn't really notice the blood and what not until it was too late.

Thanks for, what I saw it as, constructive criticism. Sorry to all I may have offended

don't use water on the blood around the face. It just thins the blood out and makes an even bigger area bloody.

Instead, use a handful of dirt to absorb the blood and to turn the blood into brown mud, that looks more natural.

So..... YAh, That is a nice buck and I don't want to take away from the best buck you've ever taken and a great hunt but the picture,you can call me a wuss but I don't like it. And the question was if we liked the picture.

I am not the best picture taker either, but personally, I don't like looking at a Picture like that dripping with Blood. I understand that kills get Gory and hands get bloody and thats all part of the gig, but when I take a picture I (personally) take a few extra seconds to clean up the picture knowing I'm gonig to show my non hunting friends and my wife as well.

I do want to say Congrats on the deer, but as far as liking the Pictures, I'm not a fan.
You big wuss. Animals bleed it's just what happens. Clean it up the best you can and take some pics. :rolleyes:

Nice buck and thanks for posting.

Great Buck!!! Congrats. And I'm with Idaho Bugler blood happens. I think I recall looking at a bloody skull on O towns deer;) Again great deer!

Great buck! Way better than anything we saw in a week of Eastern Montana hunting (unless you count coyotes, they were everywhere!) Good job!

Congrats jore07!! I personally appreciate the pictures. If you want to please Moosie, nothing there a little photoshop can't fix.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate everything said. I'll do my best to control the blood deal on my post next year. Well hopefully i'm lucky enough to have a post like this one next year. And again thanks, it was a real memorable hunt for me. Not only my largest, but out with my father again. Can't beat that. Hopefully we'll add a doe to the freezer later before the year ends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back