'07 Tunda - let's hear your reviews and feedback or warnings

Subject: '07 Tundra SR5 Double cab 4x4 4.7L V8, immaculate condition inside/out, 80k miles.

A good buddy of mine owns this truck, he's going to sell it but I have first dibs on it. He picked this up last year from the original owner, 80yr old guy with 70k miles on it, always garage kept. It was in immaculate condition then and is same today.

I'd like to hear anyone's feedback, review's, experiences or warnings with this specific model year Tundra. Of course I've been doing some on-line research but would like to hear any reviews from the trusted HT crew.

Thanks in advance.
-Dave.
I could be wrong but…

Isn’t it a 4.6 V8 that’s the small engine…and a 5.7 that’s the big motor?

I had a 2010 5.7 Tundra…and currently have a 2016 5.7 1794. If it’s the big v-8, you may as well put that truck in the will for your grandchildren…

If it’s the 4.6, you’ll hate life for the lack of power…

But you know what the worst part is?

The 4.6 motor won’t quit any sooner than the 5.7. So you’ll have that much time to suffer for choosing the gutless option.

I think that’s called…Hell. Or at least Purgatory.

Well to be fair, I got 287,000 from my 2003 silverado. Still didn't use any oil. 17 years of illinois salt did it in. Chevy has ruined their v8 lineup with afm. Wouldnt own a new one either.

I have 223k on my 09. It has needed a starter, the timing belt, and a fuel condenser or something along those lines. Replacing the rear leaf springs this summer with no intention of retiring it anytime soon. I have the 5.7 though

Well to be fair, I got 287,000 from my 2003 silverado. Still didn't use any oil. 17 years of illinois salt did it in. Chevy has ruined their v8 lineup with afm. Wouldnt own a new one either.
And, to be fair, the jury is still out on the dual turbo V6 in the new Tundra. And the composite bed. Whether or not we are still looking at 300K + trucks is not a given. And note Old Man Toyoda is no longer in charge. And I drove by the lot last week, holy moley, $67K + marked down. Maybe RAM and others just as high though, haven't looked.

But, back on topic, 5.7 is def better if you can find one.

And, to be fair, the jury is still out on the dual turbo V6 in the new Tundra. And the composite bed. Whether or not we are still looking at 300K + trucks is not a given. And note Old Man Toyoda is no longer in charge. And I drove by the lot last week, holy moley, $67K + marked down. Maybe RAM and others just as high though, haven't looked.

The Tacoma I had was the first year of the composite bed, 2005. I got rid of it at 200k and the bed was holding up great at that point.

Sounds like PO took good care of it, but I’d still give the frame a good going over in a road salt loving state like Ohio.
I definitely plan to have the frame inspected for the known rust issue that occurs.
Sure it isn't an 06 DC with the 4.7? I didn't think they made the 07 with the 4.7. If you don't buy it, my Dad is in Indiana and he will buy it in a heartbeat.

I love my tundra.
Positive it's an '07 with 4.7L. And I know if I don't buy it he's got a couple other friends who want it.

I wish I could find one with that small amount of mileage. How much is he selling it for? That truck should go 300k miles easily.
I haven't discussed pricing yet with my buddy, but I'm not worried about that. He's the type of guy that has bought a new truck about every 9mths for 25yrs that I've known him, he's always cut me a great deal on anything he's sold me.
Just another reason to move west ;)
Like I need another reason for that desire....

I appreciate everyone's feedback thus far, seems the overwhelming results are pretty solid for the truck. As far as power for my needs/plans I'll never be towing anything over 3,000lbs out west with it.
I got hooked up with a very solid local Toyota mechanic, I'm planning to take it to him to give it a good frame inspection on the lift, check brake lines, and inquire about timing belt and water pump replacement costs. Talked to my buddy more on sale timing, there's no hurry as he's shopping around for a new Chevy and waiting to see if some prices creep down a bit. Told my buddy I'd like to hold off on this until Aug. or Sept., he's good with accommodating my circumstance. I'll post some pics of it when I go check it out in more detail, I'v only seen it just sitting in my drive a few times and not paid much attention to it, other than me commenting it's spotless.

-Dave.

My buddy just bought a 2023 dealer demo and we took it on a 200-mile round trip to fish on Friday, that twin-turbo V-6 has some zip, and I don't think I'd have many concerns about the bed unless you're hauling large jagged pieces of concrete or something.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back