Black Gold Bowsights
Go Back   Hunt Talk Forums > BIRDS AND SMALL GAME > Waterfowl

Reply Forum sponsored by: www.federalpremium.com

Old 03-13-2012, 02:08 PM

Default Duck dynasty?

Guess the hillbilly craze has gone mainstream....

http://www.aetv.com/duck-dynasty/
Old 03-13-2012, 04:01 PM

I cant wait for this, I really enjoyed their show
Old 03-13-2012, 07:12 PM

I am a big duck commander fan I hope this show is as good
Old 03-13-2012, 10:55 PM

They are some funny guys, I like Buck commander, but a lot of that is because I am a sports fan. I will watch but we shall see, I am a bit cautious on this show. I just have a hard time seeing all these people getting all these new shows. Not enough hunting shows about the little's like us here.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:08 AM

Sweet, good for them.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:10 AM

It starts tonight, two episodes!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:50 AM

The "Duck Commander" show was pretty good the first season. After that, it's more and more of the same. I can only look at a bunch of scruffy men in a blind for so long. And that constant "quaaaaack quaaaaak quack quack quack quack..." is insufferable (to a non-duck hunter).

Emrah
Old 03-21-2012, 04:52 PM

Will be watching tonight will see how it is. Review of 1st two episodes coming tomorrow afternoon.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntbux View Post
Will be watching tonight will see how it is. Review of 1st two episodes coming tomorrow afternoon.
Same here, cant wait til 8:00pm
Old 03-21-2012, 08:03 PM

I watched the pilot on demand yesterday.... Honestly liked it more than I thought I would. Kind of a cross between Sons of Guns and Swamp People.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:48 PM

i just watched it and i got to say i loved it. im not one for reality tv but this is my new favorite
Old 03-22-2012, 07:04 AM

I really liked it and it had me rolling a couple times! Of course I loved the old show on the Outdoor Channel too
Old 03-22-2012, 07:11 AM

I turned the channel as soon as Willie and his wife showed up at the college to work on her football "skills". Reruns of that 70's show were more appealing to me.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowladdict1 View Post
I turned the channel as soon as Willie and his wife showed up at the college to work on her football "skills". Reruns of that 70's show were more appealing to me.
I lasted all of 5 minutes...they were raced to build duck calls. I get tired the redneck shows (hillbilly billionaire, swamp people, my redneck vacation, etc).
Old 03-22-2012, 08:49 AM

What is remarkable to me is the fact that it has been aired on the A&E channel. A&E=arts and entertainment. Certainly not art. The jury is out on the entertainment verdict. Their hunting show has morphed into......something. Not sure what that something is as yet. Was a good duck hunting show when on the outdoor channel. Has turned into whatever. What are the libtards gonna do when they see the Robertsons drop many ducks and spout religous beliefs? Not gonna be pretty. MTG
Old 03-22-2012, 03:11 PM

I actually enjoyed the show and the wife did as well. Had some funny parts and was entertaining.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:30 PM

its essentially the original show minus the hunting. Not bad but i want to see ducks hit water

Nancy Pelosi on March 9, 2010
Old 03-22-2012, 03:32 PM

I tried to sit through it after seeing this thread, for me, it was lame.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:05 PM

And its killing me that I cant watch it this week cause I'm on vacation along the Texas Gulf Coast
Old 03-26-2012, 01:57 PM

I really don't think of it as Red Neck, I didn't hear one "Hey Ya'll, Watch this!". The Ol Man would make a good Motivational speaker at a Mary Kay convention! LOL John
Old 03-27-2012, 02:22 PM

I tried watching it... I really wanted to like it, but I honestly will be watching "the Voice" & the original "Storage Wars" before I watch it again.

I don't like hunters being portrayed as dumbasses all of the time. At some point you have to draw the line. I wish them the best!
Old 03-27-2012, 04:57 PM

"I HATE the beaver!" "Tadpoles have nightmares about me!"

Loved it!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:59 AM

Actually watched it again & it wasn't bad. I will probably watch it again. Just TV Drama...
Old 03-28-2012, 03:33 PM

Honestly, after the commercials for it, I couldn't stand to waste a 1/2 hr of my life watching that.I think its to make hunters look like idiots really;no thanks
Old 03-28-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedbag View Post
Honestly, after the commercials for it, I couldn't stand to waste a 1/2 hr of my life watching that.I think its to make hunters look like idiots really;no thanks
This is a man who has done exactly what he wants to do and become a millionaire. I don't care what he looks like, all I see is someone who has been able to live a life I dream about. Those country boys have plenty of education, don't let the beards fool you!

Name: Phil Robertson

Phil Robertson was born and raised in Vivian, Louisiana, a small town near Shreveport. With seven children in his family, money was scarce and very early on, hunting became an important part of his life.

As a high-school athlete, Phil was All-State in football, baseball, and track which afforded him the opportunity to attend Louisiana Tech University on a football scholarship. There he played first string quarterback ahead of Terry Bradshaw. Phil's been quoted as saying "Terry went for the bucks, and I chased after the ducks." After receiving his Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education and a Master's in Education, he spent several years teaching. While his students claim he was an excellent teacher, spending time in a classroom brought Phil to the conclusion that his time and talents would be better spent in the woods.

Phil and his family, which by this time included wife Kay, and four boys, Alan, Jase, Willie, and Jeptha began a quest to turn his passion for hunting and fishing into a livelihood.

Never satisfied with the duck calls that were on the market, Phil began to experiment with making a call that would produce the exact sound of a duck. A duck call for duck killers, not "world champion-style duck callers." Claiming, "No duck would even place in a duck calling contest." And so, in 1972, the first Duck Commander call was born. Phil received a patent for this call and the Duck Commander Company was incorporated in 1973.

His home became his "factory" from where the calls were assembled, packaged, and shipped. Phil traveled store to store in the early days, with most ending in rejections. A certain large store in Stuttgart, AR laughed him out of the building (Oh, yeah, that store is now one of Duck Commander's largest accounts.) Phil's wife and four sons assisted in the packaging and shipments of the calls along with helping to run the nets, and take the fish to the market. This family side business of commercial fishing kept food on the table while Duck Commander Company was getting off the ground.

In the mid-70's, Phil turned his life over to the Lord and made some dramatic changes in the way he was living. Phil Robertson is not only known as the Duck Commander but is now building a reputation all over the country for his faith and belief in the Almighty. He is invited to speak to hundreds of different churches and organizations every year, telling them what the Lord has done for him and can do for them.

Duck Commander is still a family business with all four sons and their wives working for the company at one time or another. Duck calls are still being built, blown, packaged and shipped in the Robertson's home on the Ouachita River, although now their home is surrounded by several offices and warehouses to help the company smoothly, and the nets are still being run, only now the fish that they catch feed all the Duck Commander employees. Yes it's a rough life, but as Phil says "somebody's gotta do it."

Since 1973, Duck Commander Products, which now include much more than just duck calls, have been sold in all fifty states and in several countries. Not long after the success of the calls, Phil began a series of videos that developed a worldwide fan-base of fellow duck hunters. The Duckmen videos revolutionized duck hunting with there rock-n-roll, "in yo face" style, and are the leading authority in the industry. His calls and techniques are helping others bring the ducks right into their blinds, and the Duck Commander faithful swear by the deadly effects of the Duck Commander.

It isn't often a person can live a dream, but Phil Robertson, aka The Duck Commander, has proven it is possible with vision, hard work, helping hands, and an unshakable faith in the Almighty. If you ever wind up at the end of Mouth of Cypress Road, sitting face to face with Phil Robertson, you will see that his enthusiasm and passion for duck hunting and the Lord is no act- it is truly who he is.