Caribou Gear Tarp

Arizona Elk, take cover, or else

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
This is one of those trips you put on the calendar and lose sleep over many nights during the year. Arizona elk.

Uncle Larry, or AZRED here on Hunt Talk, star of the Wyoming Elk episode of Season One, has drawn a good Arizona elk tag. I promised I would come down and help, if you consider me and a bunch of camera gear to be "help."

Sorry to be brief, but I am packing and punching the items off the "Honey Do" list, so it will be a day or two before I give you the big updates.

Larry has been scouting and has found a bull he said he is shooting, even if the cameras are not ready. Wait Larry, wait. You can do anything you want, but you can't shoot until the cameras are running. Remember, we need twenty seconds of fine focused pre-shot footage.

As you read in my Nevada deer hunt thread, I am blessed with some very cool hunting friends. Hard to explain how much it means for me to get to share these hunts with guys like Larry, and the many others who have joined us for these episodes. Can't thank you all enough for your tolerance of our presence and the fun you have added to this experience.

I suspect this one will be a great hunt. With Larry, every day is a fun day, whether the critters are cooperating or not. Good weather or bad weather, marginal units or primo hunts, he makes each day more fun than you can imagine. I hope all of you have a hunting buddy like Larry who makes your days afield as much fun as he does.

If you want to see what happened last time Larry broke out the .300 Win and started laying down 180 grain pellets at the elk, here is a link to our 2008 Wyoming elk hunt.

Larry's Wyoming bull elk

If this hunt is as good as that, we will have a blast.

More to follow. Anyone want to drive my truck for the next 21 hours. I am tired of this driving stuff and it is only Episode 3 for this season.

Go get 'em, AZRED. I really enjoyed your first show, the very first OYO adventure.

Hope you guys area able to post updates for this one.

Have a great time! Give me a call next fall if you're still in the market for a chauffeur. I'll be writing my dissertation then and could use a few weeks in a wall tent to help me focus on finally finishing this whole school thing rather than "wasting" my time trying to fill my own tags.

Good luck Uncle Larry. I'd love to be in that truck to hear the conversation that goes around that truck.

Go get'em Larry and Randy. Looking forward to the updates and can't wait to see the episode when it airs.

Larry's hunt from the first season is still one of my favorites. He definitely seems like the type of guy a good time just follows around.

Good luck guys.

320 bull and his cows spotted. Larry has not even asked for his bullets. Good thing, 'cause he would not get them from me, as Loren won't be here to film until mid-morn tomorrow.

Sorry for no posts, but lost the axle on the OYOA utility trailer. Spent most of today and yesterday trying to find a fix. Camp is where the trailer died, even if that is not where camp was supposed to be.

Thank God for a complete tool kit of a screwdriver, a channel locks, and a pipe wrench. Trailer is now in town following a long 15 mile ride with trailed twined, wired, and taped together. Not a good scene,

Back to glassing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back