2009 Wyoming pronghorn

mtmiller

Few pics for now. Try to get more up later.

Headed out after work last Tuesday I was only about 100 miles down the road when I saw these guys. I noticed they were on block management and I had my bow, but hell, I was hunting lopes. Turned out he may have been a good buck to put an arrow through.
P1080616.jpg

I made it about 350 miles before I decided it was time to turn in. Ax and I spent the night along a quiet highway somewhere in Wyoming.
P1080622.jpg

Got up early the next morning and found another good buck. Maybe I should be chasing mule deer instead of these damn prairie maggots.
P1080632.jpg

We made our way down the road and eventually got out for a stretch. Quite the specimen, aye?
P1080640.jpg

Then we bumped into some water and Axl got his morning swim done.
3.jpg

OK, here are some lopes.

I think this was the first one I found.
P1080798.jpg

Here is another one. This one was pretty naive.
P1080936.jpg

P1080962.jpg

Axl wasn't exactly excited about chasing pronghorn, but he helped spot for me.
P1080839.jpg

P1080830.jpg

BTW, if you put your camera on an ant pile to position the camera, make sure you don't wake up the residents and then put you coat back on. One filthy bastage got me in the neck before I got my coat ripped off and thrown to the ground.:eek::eek:
P1080833.jpg

Found some sweet lope country...
P1080702.jpg

...and plenty of lopes.
P1080714.jpg

Some little guys.
P1080688.jpg

P1080767.jpg

This guy was interesting.
P1080738.jpg

Met up with some cheesehead that evening. Nothing like a Guinness and brats for dinner. Love this roughing it.
P1080792.jpg

Nice pictures up until that last one - ugly. He nomarlly eats his brats raw.

Did he hold onto his brat with two hands and look you in the eye during dinner?

Miller,

Those are great pics. Axl is very photogenic!

Is Schmalts talking on the cell phone or shaving in the last pic? I am guess he is shaving so he wouldn't tickle you with those whiskers while you guys were spooning! Watch out Cheeseheads can be very convincing:D

Great pictures...as usual

We will be "somewhere in Wyoming" next week for antelope and deer.....

Can't wait.

Good stuff Miller. Your compadre sent me a pic of his "airplane" buck. Sounds like you guys had a blast.

I will be a little south of there by Friday night. Hope Oak didn't use all his good pronghorn luck and has saved a little for me.

To your point, "No, I have never seen a dog look more uncomfortable."

Congrats on some good bucks and thanks for all the great pics you share with us.

I just looked at the video of the airplane buck getting smoked. Holy crap! I wish I had a little more zoom but you can see a bullet vapor trail and then a 10 foot explosion of blood and hair off him. I am still in disbelief the tough guy got back up on his feet, and then after about 20 seconds of waiting for him to fall over I decided to give him one more, but it went in the same place, but it put him down. I will post some pics and video when I get things unpacked, i just got home.
Here is a couple pics of him alive. He wont score worth a damn, but I decided if I did not find a booner I would take a freak instead.
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
click the little "full screen" button in the lower right corner after you open the link

Last edited:
As usual I didn't find the biggest buck in the unit, but made a good stalk on this guy. Big fun and that is what is important to me any more.

2.jpg

My hunting partner is aging worse than me, but still shared in the adventure.
1.jpg

Old, but happy.
7.jpg

Great pics guys and congrats on the bucks. Old Axl sure has put some gray on the past two years. Still looks like he's enjoying himself though.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back