NEW SITKA Ambient 75

The First Tennessee Elk Hunt...

FLIPPER

I realize most of you guys in the western states may not understand or share my enthusiasm...BUT...hump:Dhump:Dhump

Five individuals will be selected to participate in Tennessee’s first elk hunt in almost 150 years! Four of the participants will be selected through a drawing conducted by the TWRA. The drawing is open to both residents and non-residents. However, no more than one permit may go to a non-resident hunter. The fifth participant will be the winner of a permit that is donated to a NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) with fund-raising proceeds designated for the TWRA Elk Program.

http://web.me.com/tnwildlife/TNELKHUNT/Welcome.html

cool. I will have to apply for that one tag. I tell ya, It is embarrassing to be a WI resident when it comes to the F&G. We started our Elk re-intro program like more than 20 years ago and still have half what you do. What a joke. In fact, I think we did it the same year as Pennsylvania and they have had a season for over a decade

That would be cool. I wonder how big the hunting area will be? I see where it will be broken down into 5 hunting areas, but it doesn't say how big of an area. Are these elk fenced? They sure look like they are in nice green pastures.

Penn, has had elk for nearly a 100 years if I remember right.

I think you can shoot elk on your deer tag in KY in some counties, maybe its WV? I can't remember.

Personally I think an elk hunt in PA would be as much fun as one in TX or Florida. ;)

That would be cool. I wonder how big the hunting area will be? I see where it will be broken down into 5 hunting areas, but it doesn't say how big of an area. Are these elk fenced? They sure look like they are in nice green pastures.

The area is 146,000 acres.

No fences...free to roam.

The "green pastures" are old strip mine reclaimed areas.....the terrain is rough, MTNS to us Easterners but Differrential Elev from where you start to where you finish and steepness can be just as tuff as "out West".

I didn't see how much the tag cost...just an application fee.

Cali...as far as I know, unless they change it, just a simple non-resident hunting license will be all a non-resident would have to buy.

So if you put in it would cost you;
$10-draw fee
$2-internet fee
$.50 internet fee
$175.50 7-day non-resident license
Total non-resident cost=$188

Same for resident, resident hunting and bigame license is all they need. It would cost a resident...$68.50

I have a Lifetime License so it is FREE for me...don't even have to front the $10 draw fee.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back